Idaho 2003 Wrangler Sport Soft Top - Low Mileage, No Rust - Boise, ID - $13,500

driver

Supporting Member
Price
Sad to be trying to part with my TJ, but a growing family is soon going to require more space. I've owned this for 5+ years and it's been great. I'm asking $13,500. I may consider offers. Local pickup and cash payment would be preferred, but we can try to work something out if you're not local.

I've never seriously off-roaded this Jeep and I don't believe the previous owners were either, so the most wear and tear it's seen has been pavement driving or dirt roads.

Basic Info
  • 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport
  • VIN: 1J4FA49S33P315996
  • Soft Top with Half Doors
  • 76,xxx miles
  • 4.0 6 cylinder
  • Manual transmission
  • Clean title, no accidents. As far as I'm aware, I'm the third owner.
  • Original color was maroon/burgundy. A previous owner Rhino lined the exterior, so now it's black. Except for a few spots that could use touched up, the liner is actually in pretty good shape.
The Good
  • NO frame rust at all
  • 4" lift and 33" mud tires with same-size spare. Tires probably have 1/3 life left on them if I had to guess.
  • Transmission shifts perfectly; strong, consistent idle; starts without a fuss in hot and cold weather
  • Heater is HOT (no A/C in this Jeep)
  • USB port added in dash
  • Soft top is tight and does not leak at all. Windows are clear.
  • KC HiLiTES headlights installed. I still have the originals in fully working condition.
  • Aftermarket head unit with aux in
  • Original jack and tire iron are in the jeep
  • Regular routine maintenance: tire rotations, fluid changes with high quality fluids, etc.
  • Recent other maintenance: new fuel pump, new cooling system
The Bad

This Jeep has been reliable and, beyond routine maintenance and replacement of worn parts due to age I haven't seen any major mechanical issues. There are a handful of minor annoying things that you'll want to know about.
  • Very slight pull to the left when braking. Have never been able to figure out the issue exactly, but haven't looked hard either because it's pretty minor.
  • Gas gauge is inoperable and sits on empty (which often gives me a chuckle because it seems way too truthful).
  • Center console lock is missing.
  • Slight door sag in the passenger door and rear tailgate. Hinges will probably need to be replaced at some point.
  • Very slow oil drip. I suspect this is a tiny rear main seal leak that you often see with the 4.0 engine. The pace of the leak has not changed since I bought the Jeep and there's no need to top off oil, so I haven't bothered to put the time or money into fixing it.
  • Cracked windshield. The crack is not in the driver's vision, so it's street legal here in Idaho. I have a new, uninstalled windshield that I'll include with the sale.
  • 4wd lo does not engage. I think this is likely just an adjustment of the shifting cable. I found that I never needed 4Lo so I never got around to doing it.
  • Seat tilt mechanisms are very fussy and the passenger seat is particularly bothersome right now. I had intended to install new hardware to iron all of that out, but never got around to it.
Extras Included with Sale

I have some odds and ends sitting around that I'll throw in with the sale if you want them. If not, I'll either sell them separately or give them away.
  • New, uninstalled windshield
  • Misc. hitch accessories: storage tray, etc.
  • Aftermarket mirrors and foot pegs for when the doors are removed.
  • Original headlights (fully functional and in great shape)
IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5695.jpg

IMG_5697.jpg

I'm now realizing that I didn't get interior pics of the driver's side or dash, etc. Will try to update later or send upon request.

IMG_5705.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

NOTE: Original radiator bit the dust after I took these pictures. The cooling system has been replaced, so there is now a (nice) aftermarket radiator in there instead.

IMG_5703.jpg

IMG_5696.jpg