42RLE has a rough upshift when cold

Randy Fortuna

I just bought a 2006 Rubicon. The automatic transmission has a rough 1-2 upshift when cold. Fluid is full and looks good. Wondering if I should take it to a shop? or the Dealer? Or is there some easy adjustment? Anything is appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: Wranglerfix
get rid of the shitty automatic transmission and get a manual transmission
Get on tougher rock crawling trails and you'd likely find yourself to be the only one running a manual transmission. Which is why I did a conversion from my original TJ's manual transmission to the 32RH automatic. My present 42RLE transmission is doing just fine on such trails.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
DO NOT take it to a dealer! Find a local jeep or 4x4 shop. If you have to get a replacement PCM try wranglerfix.com. we just got one from them for an 05 and so far shifting great. You can replace this yourself. Very easy.

The greatest advertisement in the world is word-of-mouth testimonials from a satisfied customer. Thanks to each and every one of you for your support as well as referring others to our site!

We are currently working on two different issues that Dodge doesn’t have the solutions for. I will keep you guys posted! ✅👍🏻

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Have you tried disconnecting the battery to reboot the PCM? If not, try it and see if the rough shift goes away. If it does , it's the PCM. This is only a temporary fix and the rough shifts will come back. Then it's time for Wranglerfix PCM. I put mine in about 3 months ago and shifting has been fine ever since.

Reactions: 06lj
I just bought a 2006 Rubicon. The automatic transmission has a rough 1-2 upshift when cold. Fluid is full and looks good. Wondering if I should take it to a shop? or the Dealer? Or is there some easy adjustment? Anything is appreciated. Thanks

Hi Randy, have you checked out any of the TJ hard shifting automatic transmission videos posted on my automotive YouTube channel Ozzstar? I have lots of repair videos but three specifically regarding the issue you are having with your Jeep. It's important to test and not guess when doing a repair.(y) Let me know if you have any questions. Take care -Glen (Ozzstar)

I have the wrangler fix in my 06 TJ. I plan to recommend this item whenever I see a post like this. It's a rare pleasure to find a Jeep part replacement product that fixes the problem is fairly priced and has great customer support. I've had mine in for about 4 months, works perfect. Mark is getting complements from everyone that's dealt with him. Looks like his company will be a great success, well deserved.

I would like to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for your business and support this year.

From my family to yours, Merry Christmas and may God bless you always! 🎄💜🙏🏻

Mark Cantrell

AD3BFDF5-867E-4184-8DB4-41E7A578B170.jpeg