Compact trail gear

The Bestop saddle bag is great for storing small loose items over the wheel wells while being mostly unobtrusive to any backseat passengers. It’s a great way to add a bit more storage space.

I agree! we have two of those. one on each side. Forgot to add them to my list.

Reactions: Tob
I'll just leave it by saying when we go camping as a family, its a damn good thing I got the JT.

My core family camping gear (when wife goes), is a Gazelle T8 tent, 2 coleman white gas stoves, coleman kitchen, collapsable 5 gal water tanks, 300l DC cooler, Jackery 500, 120W solar panel... I invested in some semi-rugged (pelican?) plastic storage boxes to store it all... makes transport, and garage storage really easy.

For camping with the boy, we have a basic 2 person tent, 1 camp stove, hammock, the DC cooler, Jackery, solar panel... that will all fit in the TJ with the rear seat folded/flipped.

Ha, my core family camping gear when my wife goes, is a reservation for a nice VRBO or Marriott nearby. Her opinion "We camped when we were young, I'm not interested anymore." Ha. Her version of camping....staying at the ranch outside Fredericksburg.....we can take a walk in the morning, and drive to a Winery or Alstodt for some German Hefeweizen for me. Roughin it man.....Roughin it.

• Haha
Reactions: Artsifrtsi
I have an assortment of burners to choose from. Other than the JetBoil, none of the backpacking stoves are suitable for camping from the Jeep.
I have one of the single burner duel fuel burners like the one above. I rarely use it. It's larger than I like to carry and butane performs horrible in winter temps. I use a Fire Maple Blade 2 burner which can be either IsoButane or with a simple adapter it can run on propane. That's my preferred burner for camping. Also have a classic Coleman double burner that I take with a Coleman propane lantern when I want to feel nostogic.

View attachment 522737

I’ve got a 25yr old MSR dragonfly multifuel that won’t die and I can’t find a reason to replace it.