Discontinued plasma part

Not the cheap answer, but you should be able to retrofit a newer torch and lead. Hypertherm made some of the earlier Miller Plasmas. That's whom I would contact and see if they have a kit.

Reactions: astjp2
Not the cheap answer, but you should be able to retrofit a newer torch and lead. Hypertherm made some of the earlier Miller Plasmas. That's whom I would contact and see if they have a kit.

Absolutely. I’ve already figured that avenue as my machine was later sold with an I’m assuming upgraded or newly outsourced XT30 torch. Like you said it’s around a $400-450 upgrade. It’s insult o injury as my torch is basically brand new. I did contact Hypertherm and they told me sorry we haven’t made parts for those in years.

I did contact Hypertherm and they told me sorry we haven’t made parts for those in years.

It's really sad to me that tool makers with a "we supply the pros" image think it's okay to stop making tools parts, rendering >$1,000 tools useless. I would expect that of Harbor Freight, but not Miller or Hypertherm...

Edited - I meant parts, not tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGMike
That's disappointing. I followed that thread and was impressed that you took on that task for a stranger in another country. It's too bad that customer service no longer exists and is making good deeds too much work. I like good deeds - they restore my faith in mankind!

That call was one of several. This is FedEx, we need the commercial invoice and proof of payment. The invoice is in the pouch per your instructions when we printed the labels. They are not there. Yes they are, I put them there myself and carefully sorted the 9 labels into the correct groups of 3 for each pouch.
They can't find them.
Not my problem and no proof of payment is needed for a gift. Would you like me to generate you a receipt for zero and send it over? No
Okay, tell them to look in the clear plastic pouch with the zipper on it for that purpose.
They can't find them and they say they aren't there.
Fine, tell them to throw the parts away and I said they are too stupid to breathe.

Then they did it again with almost the same conversation.

When the parts finally did arrive, the owner verified that the pouches were intact and all the proper documents were in place. They are just fucking stupid.

That call was one of several. This is FedEx, we need the commercial invoice and proof of payment. The invoice is in the pouch per your instructions when we printed the labels. They are not there. Yes they are, I put them there myself and carefully sorted the 9 labels into the correct groups of 3 for each pouch.
They can't find them.
Not my problem and no proof of payment is needed for a gift. Would you like me to generate you a receipt for zero and send it over? No
Okay, tell them to look in the clear plastic pouch with the zipper on it for that purpose.
They can't find them and they say they aren't there.
Fine, tell them to throw the parts away and I said they are too stupid to breathe.

Then they did it again with almost the same conversation.

When the parts finally did arrive, the owner verified that the pouches were intact and all the proper documents were in place. They are just fucking stupid.

There's a reason the old place I worked at had an entire department dedicated to dealing with international shipping.

The lady that ran it was a difficult cunt too.

• Haha
Reactions: astjp2