Eastern NC here, hello everybody

nchills

Supporting Member
Hey folks, my wife and I bought an '05 6-speed in October of '23 for us and our two boys to cruise around in. Already had to replace the entire cooling system, but loving it regardless. Currently looking into possibly swapping for an AX-15 transmission. We love driving with the top/doors off when it's warm, and would like to do a little offroading or beach driving at some point. I'm a web dev in eastern NC, Xennial, and like going to the beach, working on cars, cooking, playing video games, and enjoying the outdoors.

Welcome to the forum! I'm a web developer as well, though I'm actually more on the design side so I think "web designer" is a bit more appropriate.

Reactions: nchills
Hey folks, my wife and I bought an '05 6-speed in October of '23 for us and our two boys to cruise around in. Already had to replace the entire cooling system, but loving it regardless. Currently looking into possibly swapping for an AX-15 transmission. We love driving with the top/doors off when it's warm, and would like to do a little offroading or beach driving at some point. I'm a web dev in eastern NC, Xennial, and like going to the beach, working on cars, cooking, playing video games, and enjoying the outdoors.

Get a beach driving permit for Cape Hatteras National Seashore. There are many miles of beach driving access from just below Nags Head all the way to the southern end of Ocracoke Island. You can get a 10 day permit or an annual.

You’re probably not far from Uwharrie National Forest, which has some trails and camping.

Welcome! I got family over in Hickory.
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Reactions: nchills
Get a beach driving permit for Cape Hatteras National Seashore. There are many miles of beach driving access from just below Nags Head all the way to the southern end of Ocracoke Island. You can get a 10 day permit or an annual.

You’re probably not far from Uwharrie National Forest, which has some trails and camping.

We normally go to Emerald Isle, but their permit is so expensive we may have to check out Cape Hatteras. We're about 3 hours from Uwharrie, but I'd love to head out there sometime.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
What does that one cost? I know Carolina Beach is like $50/day now and Fort Fisher is $20/day.

EI is $170/yr, they only sell annual, and you can only drive during off season. Honestly doubt we'd go more than twice that time of year, so not really worth it to me.

Reactions: BlueC
EI is $170/yr, they only sell annual, and you can only drive during off season.

That's crazy. I've always stayed to our southern beaches, so I'm not as familiar with the ones above Wilmington, but I remember when Carolina beach 4x4 access was free and Fort Fisher was $5/day. That was only 15 years ago. Damn yankees. :sneaky: