Euro style tail lights

TJTommo

Hi Team

Thanks for all the advice I have looked up on here so far. I have found a bit of a conundrum.

I would like to relocate my licence plate back to its original position, but my tail lights do not have the light underneath to illuminate it. There are so many US options for this, but we need the amber turn signal. I cannot find a set of lights that has both. Would really like smoked LED versions, but right now will be happy with any.

Has anyone found these in the past?

Chuuurs

I don’t think the original position was ever under the tail lamp in export countries…was it? All the OEM lamps with the amber don’t seem to illuminate the plate. The ones I’ve seen have a special bumper with the plate in the middle and lights there for the plate.

A lot of the export lamps also have the backup lamp at the bottom and tail lamp at the top, meaning the circuit that normally lights the plate in the US (tail) won’t shine on the plate even if there was a window.

You could do what @mofsharick did, create custom amber lamps out of US all-red housings, but that will be some work.

Last edited:
No I believe you are correct, but that is where I would like to locate it. Maybe I could by a set of each from the same manufacturer and swap the shell over 🤔

No I believe you are correct, but that is where I would like to locate it. Maybe I could by a set of each from the same manufacturer and swap the shell over 🤔

I see. I thought you were thinking yours came stock under the plate, which I wanted to clarify it shouldn’t have.

Something custom like what @mofsharick did is probably your best bet.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I did use one of these bolt lights; inside the tail light. I cut out a small opening and glued 1mm acrylic sheet into it:

IMG_20240504_091043.jpg

A cardboard snippet separates the reversing light from the number plate light.