Greetings all!

ChadH

Thought I would introduce myself here. Thanks to @TheBoogieman for letting me know about this forum. I have been a decently long member of another forum but took a several year break with life events. I find myself back.

I have a pretty cool 06 TJ G.E. that I purchased in cira 2012 that has a TON of sentimental value. Purchased by a super small town family dealer, was a fleet owned CA vehicle, probably for the power lines, and never even put in 4wd, I picked it up at about 70K miles and now has about 135K but I have neglected it over the last 5 years so it needs some love.
Golden Eagle - Stock.jpg

IMG_3704-1.jpg

Since then I have purchased and built a Gladiator to serve my camping needs (build over on jeepgladiatorforum under Destination Unknown)
20231006-IMG_2693.jpg

And, today I received an another purchase recently made. 2006 LJ. All stock except for the gr8tops conversion. Owned by a Vietnam vet, zero rust, 62K miles. This will be very mildly built for day trips and maybe a 2 nighter weekend but no crazy cutting/welding modifications. It will be my future 'old man' Jeep. The TJ has by far been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, so I expect the LJ to be just as reliable into the future which is why I decided to go through with it. Heated seats are awesome, but the complexities of the Gladiator are crazy - we'll see if I keep it past the extended warranty.
IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3807.JPG

Thought I would introduce myself here. Thanks to @TheBoogieman for letting me know about this forum. I have been a decently long member of another forum but took a several year break with life events. I find myself back.

I have a pretty cool 06 TJ G.E. that I purchased in cira 2012 that has a TON of sentimental value. Purchased by a super small town family dealer, was a fleet owned CA vehicle, probably for the power lines, and never even put in 4wd, I picked it up at about 70K miles and now has about 135K but I have neglected it over the last 5 years so it needs some love.
View attachment 500368

View attachment 500378

Since then I have purchased and built a Gladiator to serve my camping needs (build over on jeepgladiatorforum under Destination Unknown)
View attachment 500380

And, today I received an another purchase recently made. 2006 LJ. All stock except for the gr8tops conversion. Owned by a Vietnam vet, zero rust, 62K miles. This will be very mildly built for day trips and maybe a 2 nighter weekend but no crazy cutting/welding modifications. It will be my future 'old man' Jeep. The TJ has by far been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, so I expect the LJ to be just as reliable into the future which is why I decided to go through with it. Heated seats are awesome, but the complexities of the Gladiator are crazy - we'll see if I keep it past the extended warranty.
View attachment 500484

View attachment 500489

View attachment 500492

Welcome!

I stomp around SW Montana July/August every year.
Hoping to get the LJR up there this year.