Military Memes

Funny thing is, that really ruined me for employment after the Navy. I had a boss try yelling at me a few years ago and I stood there grinning for about 10 minutes while he went off. It was actually a pretty inconsequential mistake he was upset about but he was a screamer. I saw him make a 40 year old man break down and cry.
When I didn't respond he ran out of steam and asked why I didn't have anything to say. I told him, "It's your money, I'll stay here all fuckin day if you want to yell and scream about this, or, if you want, I'll go fix this. Your money, you already spent about $40 yelling.".
You coulda heard a pin drop in that office.
He handed the pub back to me and quietly said, "Fix it please."
Never raised his voice to me again.

Funny thing is, that really ruined me for employment after the Navy. I had a boss try yelling at me a few years ago and I stood there grinning for about 10 minutes while he went off. It was actually a pretty inconsequential mistake he was upset about but he was a screamer. I saw him make a 40 year old man break down and cry.
When I didn't respond he ran out of steam and asked why I didn't have anything to say. I told him, "It's your money, I'll stay here all fuckin day if you want to yell and scream about this, or, if you want, I'll go fix this. Your money, you already spent about $40 yelling.".
You coulda heard a pin drop in that office.
He handed the pub back to me and quietly said, "Fix it please."
Never raised his voice to me again.

When I was about 50, I had a job with a tech company in Houston. I was in a meeting and the guy in charge (not a vet) decided he wanted a group hug. I politely declined. He started yelling at me and I did the same thing; just stood there with a grin on my face. After about 5 minutes he ran out of steam and asked me why I didn't react. I said it would not be proper for me to break his neck in front of his other employees. Last time he ever raised his voice to me and barely even talked to me for four years.

1000008926.jpg