New from TX

KendraG

After over a year of searching, I finally purchased “the perfect” 2006 Wrangler Unlimited for my son. It was a “toy” vehicle with one previous owner, so relatively low mileage, new tires, no accident history…etc. All was perfect during the first 1-2 weeks of ownership, but then things started going bad faster than I could keep track of. As a result, I’ve been searching through posts here as a guest for a little over a month now and figured I’d finally register.

Although my father does the actual work on the vehicle, I’m currently the “brain” trying to shoot us in the right direction. I diagnose humans for a living, but apparently, diagnosing engine problems might be more complicated. Lol.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. This Jeep has been dreamed of by myself and my son for so long…and I hate that it’s causing us so much trouble! The son is now driving my 2019 vehicle, because I couldn’t send him out in something that’s unreliable, so now I’m the one stuck on the side of the road banging my head.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Welcome aboard. I was in the Houston area for around 10 years before heading to the desert. What area of town are you in? The wife worked near West Gray and Waugh.

Welcome aboard. I was in the Houston area for around 10 years before heading to the desert. What area of town are you in? The wife worked near West Gray and Waugh.

I’m about 20 minutes south of downtown. I’ve spent a lot of time in AZ as well, mainly on my way to the west coast. That Arizona heat tried to kill my Pathfinder about 7 years ago on a nonstop road trip to Cali at the peak of summer. 😂😂

Just fyi…you were right on my charging issue from last week. Hit the nail on the head. 😂. Thank you!