New member in MN checking in, 06 LJ

E-Ticket

Slow but steady, in the shop and on the trail
Supporting Member
Hi all.
My name is Rich and I am joining the forum after near daily lurking since purchasing my Midnight Blue 2006 LJ in August of 2022. This is my 3rd Wrangler following a 2012 JKUR I had when I lived in Prescott Valley, AZ and a 2018 2 door JL that I drive daily here in Minnesota. I will start a build thread for my LJ even though I got started with the build the day I brought it home. I've posted build threads before for my JK (lost with demise of "Arizona Virtual Jeep Club" forum) and a 1966 Mustang on the Vintage Mustang Forum. It is a lot of work to post up all the work but a year plus into this build I miss the interaction with like minded folks and the tips and typically good natured feedback that you get from a forum.

I am originally from Los Angeles but left in 2007 and spent 5 years in Fort Lauderdale and 2 in Prescott Valley Arizona before ending up just west of Minneapolis about 10 years ago. I developed my love for Jeeps and wheeling in AZ and spent that time hitting every trail I could there before I had to leave for the Frozen Tundra of Minnesota for my job. My goal for my LJ is to have something that can handle some of the mid level stuff in AZ, UT and CO but still be able to drive from trail to trail on the highway. I will likely trailer it out west a few times a year until I can retire back out there and then use it more often. The LJ also gives me another outlet to burn off energy (and $$$) working with my hands and learning new skills.

I've learned a lot from this forum so far but still have a lot more to learn. I've already made some mistakes in my plan and my execution but that comes with the territory when you are a self taught part time mechanic and adding mods on top of mods. I look forward to participating in the TJ community and hopefully can meet some folks over time.

I know, pics or it did not happen...my LJ when purchased (sorry I did not get pic on the ground before I started dismantling):

IMG_3657.jpg

How she looked recently with the new 4" lift 35's and gutted interior:

IMG_5097.jpg

My nearly stock daily driver JLR in one of my favorite places, Moab:

IMG_3448.jpg

and for nostalgia my past JK in one of my other favorite places, Sedona:

IMGP4086.JPG

Build thread to come, thanks for looking.