Piss & Moan Table

My wife brought her Subaru to the dealer for an inspection and some other maintenance. They reset the ECU and immediately when she got it home it started acting funny. Window switch doesn’t work. Clicking when switching ignition on. Digital gauges not holding the ones she selected, etc.
seemed like a battery thing so I trickle charged it. The next day it died. So I bought a new battery this weekend. Everything is better except the window switch now.

Today we get a letter from Subaru, pre-dated April 22nd mind you, that there’s a faulty “Data Communication Module” recall. Apparently this DCM thing tried endlessly to connect to the mothership and send car data, so much so that it drains batteries.
I’m hoping we fit into the recall and they pay me for the battery, but I’m sick and tired of newfangled useless, big-brother car features that they don’t test and eventually screw the owners!

Boss sent me to Lowes to pick up a handheld shower head to drop off to the plumbers punching out one of our clients new home.

plumber called a hour later to inform my boss he installed the showered but just a fyi the showerhead had water in it when he opened the box and the threaded fitting that goes on the shower arm was already scuffed up from pliers.

This is the photo I sent to the boss to confirm this is the one he wanted this morning... upon reviewing the photo this afternoon, the package looks new but clearly the hose has just been wadded up and stuffed back in the box. usually the hose is neatly tucked away in a opaque bag from the manufacturer.

It's absolute bullshit im my opinion for stores to put used items back on the shelf at the original price. they should be clearly marked as a open box or a returned item and listed at a discounted price. selling a returned item as new to me seems to be a unfair business practice for the consumers. I havent seen the damage the plumber notified us of yet.. but im hoping I dont have to spend the time to take it back off, package it back up and return it for a NEW replacement and install it myself.
IMG_6226.jpeg

I had the same issue with a dewalt 60v sawzall at home depot 2 years ago. drove to a store a few towns away that had it in stock and found out it had been used and put back on the shelf as new. upon opening the sealed box the included cutting blade was clearly used and the box included saw dust inside of it. took it to another depot a few days later and informed the return counter I was returning the used item that was sold to me and wanted a new one to replace it with.

Ran into the same problem with a portable storage hard drive from Walmart a few years ago as well sold as new and was in one of them security boxes on the shelf. it was missing internal packaging and the plastic peel off coating on the hard drive was already removed and the drive itself was contaminated with greasy fingerprints. no way in hell was I gonna plug a used hard drive from who knows who into my computer.