Surprise 220 V electrical

I've never actually seen one of these so I'm foggy on how they work, but he described a remote actuator that they put on the breaker so they can stand at a safe distance when they close it. He was at that "safe" distance when it blew.
Could be a mimic board or umbilical cord that plugs into it with several feet of cable to be at a safe distance.

A mimic board is just a board with all grip actuators. Looks like this

1714435739275.png

Even just a 480V flash is brutal
It requires extra PPe and throws hot slag

That took too long to watch
However I see 3 individual phases of most likely distribution voltages.

Distribution voltages up there are typically either 4,000V in old urban areas, and 12,000V to 34,000V in urban to suburban.

You cant hook up to those kind of voltages and power anything that uses 120V without a transformer downconverting it thru induction. It just doesnt work that way. Ignore retards that pretend to do this, YOU WILL DIE

Not only that, the moment you touch a power line, youre changing potential if you are on a ladder or the pole. You are going to become part of that circuit to ground. This is why we find illegals in substations TRYING to steal copper and get electrocuted til death and beyond. Squirrels and birds can touch them because they arent changing potential

This is also why Jr Lineman can die when installing a NEW utility pole, next to an old one being replaced, and the pole does not have the proper shields placed at the top when it swings near a LIVE phase , and accidentally makes contact.

BOOM, that voltage tries ro find ground, and the Jr lineman may have 20,000volt gloves on, but to manage a big 40-65 foot pole swingin from a digger, they use their unprotected body…..and thats a no no for this reason. We just lost one this year to that , as well as touching live triplex low voltage. All of it can kill

I have linemen in my family- super dangerous work.