What amount of miles is too high?

For me, its not that I prefer manual for driving

I just have more faith in a manual transmissions longevity from Chrysler then their automatics. Its the “cha-ching$$” factor.

Before the Daimler hookup with ZF they had a pretty sordid history of poor transmissions, but I dont know how Jeep autos fair longterm, but generally speaking manuals across all brands fair better, even Japanese

Yup this link worked and thats a good find! Thanks! Im going to try to set up a time to check it out. Is it lame that Im trying to find an automatic? lol I already have a manual and im looking for a different type of drive with this vehicle.

No, it’s not lame you’re looking for an auto. I swapped manual to auto for better control wheelin, more reliable transmission, future parts availability, et. Al. I removed the NSG370 which does not have reliable rebuild and is increasingly problematic. The AX-15 is the only manual transmission that our Jeep’s will still have in 15 years. They are still made brand new today. I didn’t want the gear ratios since it matters for wheelin.

Is it lame that Im trying to find an automatic? lol I already have a manual and im looking for a different type of drive with this vehicle.

I have both and prefer to drive the auto when I'm feeling lazy. ;) I have no real preference. I try to find the best deal and take whatever transmission it has.
WJ 2 3 2024.jpg

Reactions: trojandawg
I just have more faith in a manual transmissions longevity from Chrysler then their automatics. Its the “cha-ching$$” factor.
I don't know that there is just a ton of evidence for the 32RH being unreliable or dying premature deaths. And they're easy to rebuild. Find you a nice TJ with a bad transmission and you have yourself a real bargain.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
My ten cents...I don't care about high mileage but I'm also assuming I'm paying for and am capable of completely overhauling the vehicle...from rebuilding and/or replacing the engine and transmission to axles, bearings, brakes, wiring, sensors and more...

I bought a running 97 and have pretty much gone through everything... timing chain, water pump, oil pump, rear main seal, clutch, transmission, regeared axles, driveshafts brakes, wiring and a zillion other things.

Not to mention how many times I had to do repairs over and over again either for my mistake or shit parts.

And I had most everything dialed in last summer and my Jeep got folded...so everything came out for a tub and frame swap and back in.

It's a journey. Any older vehicle is...

-Mac