Who needs tow ratings anyway?

BradyW

Supporting Member
They said I should buy a pickup but I’ve already got my TJ!

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 17.41.36.png

My LJ on 35s and stock brakes was terrifying to stop from speed before I installed a Vanco big brake kit. I cannot image what stoping that load would be like.

My buddy got pulled over in town hauling his backhoe on a flatbed with his F550, the cop ticketed him for not having a CDL because of the weight.

My buddy got pulled over in town hauling his backhoe on a flatbed with his F550, the cop ticketed him for not having a CDL because of the weight.

My F-250 is 10,000lb GVWR and my 36ft two Jeep gooseneck GVWR is 15,990lbs. With our JL and LJ I’m safely under 26,000lbs but when towing two JL’s I’m within a gnat’s ass of being overweight and needing a class A license. This guy needs a AA license with a Jesus endorsement to stay safe with that setup.

They said I should buy a pickup but I’ve already got my TJ!

View attachment 522051

My LJ on 35s and stock brakes was terrifying to stop from speed before I installed a Vanco big brake kit. I cannot image what stoping that load would be like.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I wonder if that picture is doctored. That's insanity. Also, wouldn't the tongue weight make the back of the jeep squat and the front much higher? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BradyW
I said it before and I'll say it again. I wonder if that picture is doctored. That's insanity. Also, wouldn't the tongue weight make the back of the jeep squat and the front much higher? 🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure if the picture is doctored or legitimate. Even with a heavy load load like that if you position it far enough back on the trailer you can get to a near zero tongue weight, which is good for your TJ’s suspension and really bad for your TJ staying on four wheels.

I agree it’s pure insanity if real.

Reactions: nitrofalcon
I’m not sure if the picture is doctored or legitimate. Even with a heavy load load like that if you position it far enough back on the trailer you can get to a near zero tongue weight, which is good for your TJ’s suspension and really bad for your TJ staying on four wheels.

I agree it’s pure insanity if real.

If it's real I hope he got pulled over soon after. Common sense seems to be at premium these days!

Reactions: BradyW