Anyone have photos of black seats with tan top / interior?

t00th

TJ Enthusiast
This is tangentially related to this thread I posted: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ats-looking-at-bestop-back-seat-covers.78378/

I want the bestop seat covers for my '97 Sahara with tan top and interior. But it's seeming like there's no way to get a tan back seat cover (discontinued) and I don't really want to just run the front ones.

So I'm trying to decide if could live with black seats and tan top/interior. Or maybe I wouldn't even mind it/could grow to like it.

Anyone had a similar setup and got photos?

That’s what I’m rocking and I think it looks sharp! There’s black on the rollbar pad and dash that ties it together.
Mine is a light khaki metallic TJ with tan hardtop or black soft top.

IMG_1412.jpeg

Here is a bigger view of my black\tan covers with Camel interior. I can takes some close ups this afternoon. I know they are not solid black but maybe it helps.

-RC

1714754041262.png

Reactions: Granite
Thank you both for your replies and photos! Very helpful, and agreed it does look nice. I also have black floor liners, a black Tuffy glove box, and will be installing their console soon as well (plus a black half console to replace my full factory spice one) so I think that additional black will help to pull it all together so it's not just tan-everything but black seats.

I'm also realizing there may be a difference between tan and spice and camel. Not sure what I have, but it's a little more yellow and has less grey in it than the later "tan." Whatever it was for 97.

Thank you both for your replies and photos! Very helpful, and agreed it does look nice. I also have black floor liners, a black Tuffy glove box, and will be installing their console soon as well (plus a black half console to replace my full factory spice one) so I think that additional black will help to pull it all together so it's not just tan-everything but black seats.

I'm also realizing there may be a difference between tan and spice and camel. Not sure what I have, but it's a little more yellow and has less grey in it than the later "tan." Whatever it was for 97.

Just for some color(pardon the pun), Sahara Interior 97-99 is listed as Saddie Tan. 200-2002 is listed as Camel. There is a whole thread devoted to Sahara interior color codes that might help clarify our Sahara issues :) I hope this helps. Please post some pictures of the finished project so we can see the results.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/sahara-interior-color-code.6561/

Just for some color(pardon the pun), Sahara Interior 97-99 is listed as Saddie Tan. 200-2002 is listed as Camel. There is a whole thread devoted to Sahara interior color codes that might help clarify our Sahara issues :) I hope this helps. Please post some pictures of the finished project so we can see the results.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/sahara-interior-color-code.6561/

ah this rocks - thank you! And I sure will. Gonna wait a little while to see if any turn up on ebay - the full front and rear set at retail is gonna be a big bite that I could just as easily put toward the cost of a winch + plate. "Function" versus "some function, but let's be honest, mostly form."

Mine are Bartact and they have been great. Great fit; crazy durable and easy to keep clean looking. Somehow they make the seats more comfortable - as if they reduce the “crushed, tired 20 year old seat foam” effect