Car pics too cool not to share

I hastily posted that this was a legit Ford GT 40... It's a spot on replica by SuperPerformance. I've edited for accuracy .

I've been in and around a lot of big hp cars all my life. Never was a ride so brutal. Took a few tries to figure out how to get in and out of this thing and once you're buckled in to the slab of foam that's supposed to be a seat, it feels like you're in a coffin. 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II replica. I have a few launch videos.. it was ballistic. The sound from straight piped power plant ten inches from your head was sensory rich. Cornering, at any speed, was a perfectly predictable and dead flat. This thing was made to drive all out for 24 hours.. '66 was the first year Ford finally took Ferrari in LaMans. Historic year.

It's for sale if anyones is interested.

Maybe the most fun ride I have ever experienced...

2024-05-11 1966 Ford GT 40 42.jpg

2024-05-11 1966 Ford GT 40 53.jpg

2024-05-11 1966 Ford GT 40 51.jpg

2024-05-11 1966 Ford GT 40 10.jpg

2024-05-11 1966 Ford GT 40 01.jpg

Last edited:
I've been in and around a lot of big hp cars all my life. Never was a ride so brutal. Took a few tries to figure out how to get in and out of this thing and once you're buckled in to the slab of foam that's supposed to be a seat, it feels like you're in a coffin. Legit 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II. I have a few launch videos.. it was ballistic. The sound from straight piped power plant ten inches from your head was sensory rich. Cornering, at any speed, was a perfectly predictable and dead flat. This thing was made to drive all out for 24 hours.. '66 was the first year Ford finally took Ferrari in LaMans. Historic year.

It's for sale if anyones is interested.

Maybe the most fun ride I have ever experienced...

My Mount Rushmore of cars but I’d never fit comfortably.

Legit 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II

Awesome car, I’ve never been in anything like it, I bet it's a blast. I'm a little confused though, you say it a legit '66 Ford GT40, but show a car with modern stuff and a build tag saying Superformance, LLC, who builds replicas. I assume it's a replica car built similar to the original. What engine is he running?

Awesome car, I’ve never been in anything like it, I bet it's a blast. I'm a little confused though, you say it a legit '66 Ford GT40, but show a car with modern stuff and a build tag saying Superformance, LLC, who builds replicas. I assume it's a replica car built similar to the original. What engine is he running?

I stand corrected... Maybe my ability to hear was impeded by either the sound of the exhaust or my tentacles being up somewhere around my throat. I remember asking him.. Prices for originals are upwards of a million bucks if not more.. he chuckled. Knowing that he also has a 427 Shelby Cobra, I guess didn't probe hard enough.

Indeed a Superformance replica. So.. my apologies for the misleading post. That said, it remains one of the most brutal, yet enjoyable drives I have ever had.

Should have done more research before making a false claim. Can't lie.. I was excited about the experience.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 16.34.56.png

Last edited: