Great Deal on Milwaukee Torque Lock Pliers Set (Their Version of "Vice Grips")

sab

"Semper Discens"
Lifetime Supporting Member
Here's a great deal on the 10pc set:

https://www.acmetools.com/milwaukee-10pc-torque-lock-locking-pliers-kit-48-22-3690/045242500154.html
031c3c1f-d5c2-49a9-bdca-4c251ae7a2ee_7.jpg

With the "DADSDAY" coupon (expires June 9, 2023) and free shipping, it works out to about $11 per pliers (plus use tax, if that applies)! I've been wanting to give these a try since I saw @mrblaine recommend them some time back. Now I can do that on the cheap!

Reactions: tworley and Squatch
Here's a great deal on the 10pc set:

[URL]https://www.acmetools.com/milw...cking-pliers-kit-48-22-3690/045242500154.html[/URL]

View attachment 431080

With the "DADSDAY" coupon (expires June 9, 2023) and free shipping, it works out to about $11 per pliers (plus use tax, if that applies)! I've been wanting to give these a try since I saw @mrblaine recommend them some time back. Now I can do that on the cheap!

My opinion of them has not changed. However, I only have experience with vise-grip style 1, 4, 5, and 7. I do want to get a few pair of 10 and see how they are. I've just never found a deal on them yet.

Reactions: sab
I ordered a set as my other vise-grips are pretty worn. I could have picked them up but shipped them since I'm leaving for Moab. They'll be waiting when I return.

• USA Proud
I have dozens of their 6’ and 11” locking C-clamp pliers in my welding cabinet. I have used them extensively and they hold up great. They are my go to clamps. They are as good as any others I have and light years above most. They grip tight and release only when desired. They have a convenient hole in the adjustment knob that you can stick a punch or screw driver in when you need to crank them down a bit harder.

I like that they are available at the big box stores that happen to be open nights and weekends which is when I have time to work on my projects.

My only l complaint is that the spring that controls locking lever in a few of the 6” ones have a habit of popping off the lever and it is a bit of a pain. It seems to be the same set or two every time but the rest are just fine.

My only l complaint is that the spring that controls locking lever in a few of the 6” ones have a habit of popping off the lever and it is a bit of a pain. It seems to be the same set or two every time but the rest are just fine.
If you don't snap them open, the spring never falls off. Control the opening when you remove them and the spring will stay on.

With the old Irwin Vice Grip brand, I never had springs fall off, but I did have the locking lever (circled below) pop out on some of them if I didn't control the opening, and that has trained me to not pop them open:

1686326600542.png