Problem with adding Bluetooth to factory radio

Here’s a link to the function check with my Grom setup installed. I think the audio sounds pretty great. I have a blown factory subwoofer that needs to be swapped out but overall great sound.

Does sound great, even with the audio coming from a YouTube video! Thanks for taking the time to do the upload!

Does sound great, even with the audio coming from a YouTube video! Thanks for taking the time to do the upload!

You bet! Yeah, for a factory setup pushing the sound out - i was really pleased! (but I agree - it's definitely not a cheap upgrade)

It's actually the first mod i did to the jeep when we bought it. Love having a way to access my downloaded/app-based music. but i also really love being able to maintain the factory/retro/OG look of the dash.

It's actually the first mod i did to the jeep when we bought it. Music is a big deal for me, but I really wanted to maintain the factory/retro/OG look of the dash.

Nice! I'm in the same boat! I finally made the decision to replace all the speakers and subwoofer (many were blown!) and figured I'd like to have Bluetooth music like my other vehicles too!

Reactions: 4Lo4Sho
@4Lo4Sho Just wanted to chime in to say I just installed the GROM unit and I couldn't be happier; thanks for the push!

It sounds great and the fact that I can easily move to the next song in a playlist without touching my phone, with the factory radio, is magical. It's also beyond nice to finally have the audible directions from the navigation app on my phone come though the Jeep's speakers; it's a godsend when you're on the highway with no doors or top!

For what it's worth, here's how I mounted the GROM module behind the factory radio. I hope it'll hold and I'm curious to know how others did this!

Cheers!

Jeep_Radio_Bluetooth_GROM.jpg

Last edited:
@4Lo4Sho Just wanted to chime in to say I just installed the GROM unit and I couldn't be happier; thanks for the push!

It sounds great and the fact that I can easily move to the next song in a playlist without touching my phone, with the factory radio, is magical. It's also beyond nice to finally have the audible directions from the navigation app on my phone come though the Jeep's speakers; it's a godsend when you're on the highway with the doors or top!

For what it's worth, here's how I mounted the GROM module behind the factory radio. I hope it'll hold and I'm curious to know how others did this!

Cheers!

View attachment 527649

Awesome! Glad it’s working out for you! I’m about 5-6 months in on using ours and it’s, by far, my favorite mod.