Recovery gear

The backordered for 30 minutes TRE snatch-block was delivered today. 2.33 pounds. 2.68 pounds with the pouch (which I don't carry on the rig - so there's .35 pounds saved. :D ).

View attachment 525618

The outside of the wheel is not black, it's gray - although the pic makes it look a bit on the blue side. The hub is black. Is that good news, or bad?

View attachment 525621

Here it is next to my old 6 pound Warn unit - made for cable. Off to the tow-pig it goes - in its new pouch. Now it weighs 6.35 pounds.

View attachment 525620

Mine will arrive tomorrow. Be a while for me before I can test it out.

Just got mine...

20240513_100052.jpg

A little jealous of yall and your "dainty" 6lb snatches 🤭

Have a ton of miles on this one, but looking to lighten the load. Have had my eye on a TRE for probably two years and it will be here tomorrow :D

View attachment 526742

You have great taste in scales, my friend! 🤣

Here’s a glimpse into your future:
IMG_6316.jpeg

And this one is for @NashvilleTJ:
IMG_6318.jpeg

Two is one, brother!

How do you figure that?

Choice of recovery gear brand isn’t a zero sum game.

My sense of time related stuff is a bit fuzzy after the pandemic, but what I am referring to is perhaps likely before you joined here so you may not have the context. For some items, brand DOES matter because not everything is created equal even if things look alike.

Also I said was surprised, not disappointed :) That snatch block is a fantastic design, I have one myself and got it when Ricky was still part of TRE.

Surprised you went with TRE given your previous choices with other recovery gear.

Don't know what you are trying to imply... What other choices have I made that would suggest I would have an issue with this snatch block?

For some items, brand DOES matter because not everything is created equal even if things look alike.

Absolutely, and not enough people understand that. My point was about the brand allegiance note.

But perhaps there is this context that I am missing.

Reactions: psrivats