The good news thread

gained a daughter-in-law over the weekend

rural.jpg

Congratulations

thanks, and not a bud product on the premises :ROFLMAO:.

I did however see one bottle of it the night before at the rehearsal dinner, but that was in town at a bar/restaurant with a full compliment of everything so I didn't have any control over that, but even so with the exception of that one bottle it was pretty clear no one drinks that piss anymore.

Two kids, both gainfully employed/home owners/married, my work here is done!

thanks, and not a bud product on the premises :ROFLMAO:.

I did however see one bottle of it the night before at the rehearsal dinner, but that was in town at a bar/restaurant with a full compliment of everything so I didn't have any control over that, but even so with the exception of that one bottle it was pretty clear no one drinks that piss anymore.

Two kids, both gainfully employed/home owners/married, my work here is done!

Well, until the baby comes then you’ll have plenty to do.

Medically cleared to do stupid sh!t again, save for roller blading. The medical profession would prefer I wait on that bit of stupidity for a while longer. I don't think I'll argue that one. Yet. So, I jumped* on a bicycle and did a lap of the 'hood complete with hills and wind. That's about three and a half miles. There was a time that would not even be considered a warm up. Today, it was a workout. I'll sleep tonight.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

*By jumped, I mean I ground the joint of my hip trying to raise my leg over the frame while tilting said frame almost to the ground.

Owen and I spent some time together over the weekend without his brother. We went to see flat track motorcycle racing Friday night, where the MC rights group I belong to had a stand selling raffle tickets. Owen is test sitting 2nd prize and trying to talk me into buying a ticket.
DvOh2qql.jpg

I introduced him to the guys running the booth. And he bent their ears. I was glad I had him meet the guys. Me being still in recovery mode, Owen is a lot quicker than I am. On his trips to the little boys room, one of the guys would spot him and ask where his grandpa was then have him wait until I limped up. He fell asleep in the sidecar on the way home.

He opted for grandma time yesterday and last night so I went solo to the races. This morning, he rode his E-ATV while I walked Buster dog in the woods, then rode it around the yard until the battery crapped out. We played a little baseball using Owens' rules(I was beaten, badly), tossed around a football, and had root beer floats.

Not a bad weekend.

Well we hope that you bought a raffle ticket for that poor deprived child.
I just bought a 2021 Polaris Quad from my neighbor and I feel like a kid again.
I hope I don't fall off of it a break my ass, considering that I'm recovering from having 2 Stents stuck in my heart.

Reactions: Cheesy and DavidBT
I did by a raffle ticket. I usually buy five @$20 but opted for one ticket after feeding Owen Friday night. He's eating like a pig and his stutter has gotten a bit worse, which means a growth spurt is on the horizon.

We have a progression of ATVs for the grandkids to muck about on. The 12 volt SSR has been trouble free, a 36 volt Chinese Cobra, though not trouble free, has had the rough edges smoothed and works pretty well now. 25 mph is quick enough for 8 year olds. They get to move up to a gas powered 110cc Tao Tao of questionable pedigree that I bought for $150 and didn't run. Fifty plus years of wrenching and another $20 got it running really well. It's probably capable of close to 45 mph but Owens' older brother lacks the "This is gonna hurt" mentality, so it's limited to 30 mph. Lastly, we have a 1996 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4, which is my mini tractor and is capable of almost 60 mph. I'm usually( :ROFLMAO: )taking it easy off road just so I'm not having to wear another cast this year.

Reactions: alittleoff