Utah TJ Fest for 2024

When I made reservations yesterday, I think I saw somewhere on there site that they did

Hero Discount​

Moab KOA Holiday is proud to offer a special Thank You to all military veterans, service men and women, police, firefighters and first responders with 10% off their reservation. Valid military, state or federal service ID is required at check in.

Terms & Conditions: This discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers including KOA Rewards. Minimum length of stay rules may apply. Not valid on stays of 28 days or more. Discount applied to site registration fees only.

For more information please call 435-291-1712 and reference hot deal code: HD.

https://koa.com/campgrounds/moab/hot-deals/

• USA Proud
Reactions: Wildman and PNW_LJ
"A RV site for my motorhome is $111 during the week & more on weekends. The other campgrounds I looked at last night were a little less but not a lot. That is just crazy. You can almost get a motel room for that price."

Worse yet, my tent site is $78; crazy. Have stayed at the Sunrise Downtown and it was $ 60+ so was checking the KOA. Is this some type of Bidenomics joke ?? D

Hero Discount​

Moab KOA Holiday is proud to offer a special Thank You to all military veterans, service men and women, police, firefighters and first responders with 10% off their reservation. Valid military, state or federal service ID is required at check in.

Terms & Conditions: This discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers including KOA Rewards. Minimum length of stay rules may apply. Not valid on stays of 28 days or more. Discount applied to site registration fees only.

For more information please call 435-291-1712 and reference hot deal code: HD.

https://koa.com/campgrounds/moab/hot-deals/

Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow and make my reservations.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and Apparition
OK I'm set for arriving on the 8th and depart on the 15th... Now I just got to get the damn Jeep fixed and then the motorhome... But I've got 6 months so hopefully I'll be able to make it.
And Yes with the veteran discount I got $80 off the total price. Thanks for the heads up.

@Woodrow we could convoy down if you want? Meet in say Pendleton and travel the rest of the way together? You'd have a place to sleep if you wanted.

OK I'm set for arriving on the 8th and depart on the 15th... Now I just got to get the damn Jeep fixed and then the motorhome... But I've got 6 months so hopefully I'll be able to make it.
And Yes with the veteran discount I got $80 off the total price. Thanks for the heads up.

@Woodrow we could convoy down if you want? Meet in say Pendleton and travel the rest of the way together? You'd have a place to sleep if you wanted.

A convoy would be fun. My 2 routes to Moab are south through Lakeview, OR then hit 80 at Winnemucca, NV or north through Burns, OR then to 84 at Ontario (east of Pendleton). Both go through Salt Lake and they are nearly equivalent in time and distance. If I did the northern way, meeting in Ontario would work if you’re coming down 84.

Last edited:
A convoy would be fun. My 2 routes to Moab are south through Lakeview, OR then hit 80 at Winnemucca, NV or north through Burns, OR then to 84 at Ontario (west of Pendleton). Both take you through Salt Lake and they are nearly equivalent in time and distance. If I did the northern way, meeting in Ontario would work if your coming down 84.

When it gets closer we'll figure things out. When I was younger I could make the drive with only a quick stop (About 4 hours) at the Bosie Stage Stop. BTW it's one of my favorite truck stops. They have a good steak & eggs breakfast. I'm sure I won't be able to power thru like I did before.
I know where Ontario is but isn't that east of Pendleton? Hermiston is where I-84 & I-90 meet.

1702621581639.png

I was saying Pendleton because there is a truck stop there. It's been a few years since I've been in that area but I think they've built something near the junction now too. I lived in Pendleton for a while back in the mid 90's.

• Love
Reactions: RINC and Woodrow
My heart = I wanna go!

My bank account = Slow your roll bruh.

… “My credit card = I’ll be there” :)

(See all better)

@RINC maybe I’ll drive up with you if I can make it. I Air BNB’d in October, so maybe I’ll sleep in a tent or the jeep this time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Apparition and RINC
When it gets closer we'll figure things out. When I was younger I could make the drive with only a quick stop (About 4 hours) at the Bosie Stage Stop. BTW it's one of my favorite truck stops. They have a good steak & eggs breakfast. I'm sure I won't be able to power thru like I did before.
I know where Ontario is but isn't that east of Pendleton? Hermiston is where I-84 & I-90 meet.

View attachment 482528

I was saying Pendleton because there is a truck stop there. It's been a few years since I've been in that area but I think they've built something near the junction now too. I lived in Pendleton for a while back in the mid 90's.

Yep. Ontario (where I get on I-84) is 170 miles east (and south) of Pendleton on the eastern edge of Oregon and about 50 miles north west of Boise. Because I’m in south western Oregon, Hermiston and Pendleton are several hours out of the way to the north. Like you said, we can figure out the details later.

Reactions: Wildman
Yep. Ontario (where I get on I-84) is 170 miles east (and south) of Pendleton on the eastern edge of Oregon and about 50 miles north west of Boise. Because I’m in south western Oregon, Hermiston and Pendleton are several hours out of the way to the north.

Got it.. For some reason I kept thinking you were in Portland.

Reactions: Woodrow
… “My credit card = I’ll be there” :)

(See all better)

@RINC maybe I’ll drive up with you if I can make it. I Air BNB’d in October, so maybe I’ll sleep in a tent or the jeep this time.

I looking to double up to share the expense of lodging.

Never wheel alone. I love me a caravan to out of state events.
Classic07Joe131.jpg

Reactions: MikeE024
I looking to double up to share the expense of lodging.

Never wheel alone. I love me a caravan to out of state events.
View attachment 482530

I might be down, but I can't commit to anything yet...not sure if I'll be working a new job in June or be 100% free. Happy to plant the seed now to see what might come of it later. Consider me a backup.

Basically, if I tell you rn that I'll be there, then the universe will ruin everything and I won't make it. :)

A convoy would be fun. My 2 routes to Moab are south through Lakeview, OR then hit 80 at Winnemucca, NV or north through Burns, OR then to 84 at Ontario (east of Pendleton). Both go through Salt Lake and they are nearly equivalent in time and distance. If I did the northern way, meeting in Ontario would work if you’re coming down 84.

I know this thread has been consolidated elsewhere and I'm lurking there as well.

Depending on the route you guys end up taking, if you hit 80 at Winnemucca maybe we could hook up in Elko or such and add 3 more to the caravan.
Just spitballing.

Reactions: Woodrow and Wildman