Water forming on passenger floorboard

Don't do anything until you pinpoint the leak.

Put baby powder all over the inside firewall, under the doors, on the doors, near anywhere the doors, windshield, etc come together. You should be able to find where it's coming from.

Why?

Because it's a waste of time and energy and guessing isn't the way to troubleshoot car issues.

Because the water will run down the side where it is leaking, leaving a trail and you should be able to see exactly where it is getting in from.

Reactions: Noxid
What size diameter hose do you use?
I never had that issue so unfortunately I couldn't tell you. If you have the elbow, you could pull it off and measure the inside diameter.

Because it's a waste of time and energy and guessing isn't the way to troubleshoot car issues.
normally I'd agree but this attempt would take seconds

Reactions: MikekiM
I attached a 12” long piece of tubing (I don’t remember the diameter) that I got from my local Ace. That solved the water issue in my passenger floor.

Reactions: L J
I had a 99 with the same problem. Took it dealership and they said the drain was working fine not plugged up. Redneck cousin looked at it and said water is running out the drain tube and back along the bottom because its straight out of the firewall. Get a 5/8 elbow and a hose clamp. Problem solved. In 2000 the drain was angled down.

I thought mine was just some water, but after I parked it over the weekend, when I got in it, there was also coolant mixed in with the water. What does that mean for repairs?

Turn on the heat and see if you get the tell-tell scent of coolant... if so, you may want to just bypass until after AC season, as you'll need to have the refrigerant recovered, pull the dash to get to the heater core, possibly replace AC evaporator while there, then put it all back together, and have AC recharged.

I thought mine was just some water, but after I parked it over the weekend, when I got in it, there was also coolant mixed in with the water. What does that mean for repairs?

It is likely the heater core is leaking. I smelled coolant in my cab. It is an unmistakable smell. I had to replace the heater core.

Occasionally it seems like there is a coolant smell but it’s pretty faint. Yesterday, I put a paper towel down under the leak to catch the drips. This is what it looked like this morning. And it seemed as though it was coming from this.

Still likely the heater core?

IMG_1193.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

Occasionally it seems like there is a coolant smell but it’s pretty faint. Yesterday, I put a paper towel down under the leak to catch the drips. This is what it looked like this morning. And it seemed as though it was coming from this.

View attachment 524852

View attachment 524854

That looks like the right color for coolant to me. Leaking Heater Core. Condensate would not have as much color to it if any.

That looks like the right color for coolant to me. Leaking Heater Core. Condensate would not have as much color to it if any.

Yep, looks like heater core. Condensate should be clear, unless it is washing out the dried up coolant... You'll be needing to start gathering parts, and scheduling the weekend to do the teardown/reinstall. Heater core is only about $100... the labor for a shop to do it will be close to $1k, so advantageous to do yourself...

Look into the heater core threads to find a brand that is working for the masses, as the MOPAR core seems to be a Dodo now...

View attachment 524852

View attachment 524854

Another good way to tell is to put the liquid on your finger and rub two together. If it is super slippery, then it is coolant. But, then again it depends on your coolant/water ratio.