WTB: 1997 saddle tan passenger side dash cover

Hesher

Supporting Member
My PO painted the dash cover black, and it’s flaking and terrible. Does anyone have a super good quality saddle dash cover available?

thanks!

Are you talking about the passenger air bag cover? There is no dash cover on my 1997 Wrangler. Do you have a picture?

I've painted mine and it came out fine. I have the saddle tan interior. Is it possible to just remove the paint and repaint it? You don't want to sand off the paint and you probably don't want to mess with the air bag. I don't know if you want to try stripper on it because it might be too soft to withstand the stripper, but if it could that would be the way to go. Maybe someone will chime in about how dangerous it is to remove.

I just redid my whole interior with SEM products (color coat) and it came out amazingly well. Texture was completely preserved, and the color looks like new. They stock the saddle tan, which is mixed to factory color code. Not too expensive, about $20 a can. Did my whole interior with 2 cans. One word of warning, there are two adhesion promoters (one for ABS plastic, one for other types). Naturally, the TJ's have some of both, so you need both the plastic adhesive promoter and the sand free adhesion promoter.

Last edited: