Arizona 1997 TJ Hemi swap from Fat Bob's in Utah

Hobbs

Supporting Member
Price
This is a 1997 TJ with hard top I purchase from a female friend who is the original owner. Her husband had the conversion done at Fat Bobs in Layton, UT (A reputable off road shop) back in 2016, and the jeep has been mostly sitting since then. I purchase with the intention of getting it going and it actually starts and runs. The motor is from a 2006+2008 Dodge truck.

Receipt for the Fat Bob's installation is $13,267 which did not include the motor/trans. Car has 118k miles on it.

The issues are that the transmission cooler leaked coolant into the trans from the new "custom" radiator and the steering box has a slow leak. The trans might just need to be drained and refilled, or it might need to be rebuilt. It will come with 12 quarts of the correct trans fluid for Dodge, a trans filter, external trans cooler, all of which I purchased but never installed. The jeep has never been crashed or rolled.

I was going to have it all fixed but I ran out of interest and I'm attempting to sell it as is.
Interior is in good condition and the hard top is original. I have all the original documentation and manual. Wheels are period-correct but certainly not current. It has a new battery.

It has some surface rust underneath as it came from Northern Utah, but not enough to where they thought it wasn't good enough to invest in the conversion. Title in hand, currently registered as an antique vehicle. I can be reached at Four eight Oh 29 Eight Twenty eight Hundred via text.

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

fb2.jpg

fb1.jpg

FB3.jpg

It sure does and it runs great. All the electnonics and odb function correctly.. I'm willing to make a pretty good deal on it.

It sure does and it runs great. All the electnonics and odb function correctly.. I'm willing to make a pretty good deal on it.

If I wasn't dealing with the repairs on my motorhome right now I'd be making a trip to see you. This is a HECK of a deal.

Reactions: Irun
I think so as well. Not one person has come to see it, so I just don't know. It may come down to me having to donate it to charity, but I think it could be a great little jeep for someone.

I think so as well. Not one person has come to see it, so I just don't know. It may come down to me having to donate it to charity, but I think it could be a great little jeep for someone.

Don't donate it PLEASE. Someone will buy it but it might take a few months for someone to find you.

Reactions: Ericshere03
Take it to a shop and get the tranny sorted out. Add the cost of that work to your asking price. “Runs and drives, has minor steering leak” is much more appealing than “transmission problem.” Shit, I’d be sorely tempted to fly to you and drive it home

That helps with knowing what it started life as. A SE model means it has Dana 30/Dana 35 axles with 4.10 gears unless it's been regeared or if someone swapped in a Dana 44 rear axle.

Reactions: xXDavidCXx
That helps with knowing what it started life as. A SE model means it has Dana 30/Dana 35 axles with 4.10 gears unless it's been regeared or if someone swapped in a Dana 44 rear axle.

Question is, will a Dana 35 pop a wheelie or just pop ??? Haha. But good point about 4:10 gears.

Question is, will a Dana 35 pop a wheelie or just pop ??? Haha. But good point about 4:10 gears.

I've known a few who ran a Dana 35 after doing a Magnum swap and a few who made them last for more than one or two days too but most upgraded to either a Dana 44 or 8.8 as a minimum.
Wonder if a Super 35 would hold up?

This is a hell of a deal. If I were within a days driving distance I'd take it home. This would be a fantastic rock crawler project. Drop in a set of dana 60's, 40's. and wheel it! :)

• USA Proud
Reactions: Mike_H and Wildman
This is a hell of a deal. If I were within a days driving distance I'd take it home. This would be a fantastic rock crawler project. Drop in a set of dana 60's, 40's. and wheel it! :)

I'd like it for a DD... Set of 33" tires and just enjoy it... But I've already got the rock crawler..

Reactions: Irun