Arizona Rock Crawler

I'm thinking a trailer will make my life easier as far as being able to leave some of the shit I normally carry back at the trailer. Cargo room is already limited and a future fuel cell won’t help that

A good tonneau or cap on the truck will also provide lots of storage and depending on what you get it can be relatively secure.

I'm thinking a trailer will make my life easier as far as being able to leave some of the shit I normally carry back at the trailer. Cargo room is already limited and a future fuel cell won’t help that

yep. think driveshafts/axleshafts, spare tire, more tools…

A good tonneau or cap on the truck will also provide lots of storage and depending on what you get it can be relatively secure.

Except that it has to be removed and stored when you have other than what will fit in or under one. Not a deal breaker but I've had both and they both have their draw backs the biggest of which is the view out the back with a cap.

Except that it has to be removed and stored when you have other than what will fit in or under one. Not a deal breaker but I've had both and they both have their draw backs the biggest of which is the view out the back with a cap.

Sure, it all depends on what you may need in there, much like I don’t run a topper because of dirtbikes and ATV’s being hauled. A retractable hard cover has worked for my needs for about 20 years. Others needs may vary and they should adjust accordingly. But wanted to point out the bed in that truck will/can have lots of benefits.

Awesome thanks for the advice! I’ll take anything I can get as this will be my first set of beadlocks I’ve installed. I know Blaine posted a bunch in JMTs thread with some advice as well that I need to go check out.

I had the problem of crooked inserts and found the quickest and easiest way to correct it was to use the largest pin punch that will fit in the hole and with a small hammer tap on the insert like you are driving it out this will square it up in the hole. When you torque it up they pull back in. I found this to work so well I did it to every insert after fighting with the first rim.

Had fun wheeling in Table Mesa today with
My buddy Scott
@PurpleTJAZ
@JHammett
@Beestinger
@MikeE024
And some other JK guys

We ran Anaconda, Judgement day, Predator, and played around on the gatekeeper to Annihilator and had a ton of fun.

Of course on my last ever wheeling trip on these tires, I smoked one. The tire was already starting to get a little tire boob on it. Not sure what causes that but essentially seems like the belt is weak there when that happens. Swapped in the spare and was no big deal.

In the wise words of @gasiorv ”it’s worth putting tires on and findin out”. Scott and I played on the optional buggy section at the end on a trail called Annihilator. No angle trickery here either. I was just plain vertical at the end lol. The climb was steep and the top is sloped off camber. I damn near made it through which I was stoked on because the line leading up to the last climb is fucked up too but not pictured. Just needed a little winch at the top. I can’t wait to stretch…
IMG_2372.jpeg

IMG_8561.jpeg

Nice!! Not sure if my words have ever been referred to as wise, but when followed you either have a really good time or I never hear from you again 🤷

Easy Doesn't Make Good Stories, Take the Hard Line!

Start of the day.

IMG_2372.jpeg

This pic doesn’t show it, but Scott was playing a different game out there with his rig on 42s.

IMG_2373.jpeg

Garrett decided to have some fun and make his own line by going straight up the wall lol.

IMG_2375.jpeg

After playing for a little bit and moving to the left, he climbed and popped right over…we saw that and then followed his line. I learned a lot in those few minutes.

IMG_2378.jpeg
IMG_2376.jpeg

Pretty action shot of the trail

IMG_2377.jpeg

It was awesome meeting everyone. I learned a lot and had a great time. :)

After playing for a little bit and moving to the left, he climbed and popped right over…we saw that and then followed his line. I learned a lot in those few minutes.

Garrett playing around and having the control he does (among a few other things I learned) is why I auto swapped. My fun manual was keeping me back from more fun.

Start of the day.

View attachment 523227

This pic doesn’t show it, but Scott was playing a different game out there with his rig on 42s.

View attachment 523228

Garrett decided to have some fun and make his own line by going straight up the wall lol.

View attachment 523229

View attachment 523231View attachment 523232

Pretty action shot of the trail

View attachment 523233

It was awesome meeting everyone. I learned a lot and had a great time. :)

I’ve wheeled with Scott. That is definitely a bad-ass rig. Good people, too.

Enjoying my coffee this morning and and while checking out and enjoying the pics above I looked down and noticed the gnome/wizard combo. I think they are both telling me to go wheel soon. Great pics and happy to see you all out wheeling!

1000001530.jpg

Enjoying my coffee this morning and and while checking out and enjoying the pics above I looked down and noticed the gnome/wizard combo. I think they are both telling me to go wheel soon. Great pics and happy to see you all out wheeling!

View attachment 523295

Blaine has been battling that trademark infringement for years now…

🙂

Reactions: starkey480
Definitely a good day wheeling and everyone did great. Other than a couple tire issues everyone finished unscathed.

The best part was the guy at the entrance to Anaconda saying "You cant do that trail in a TJ on 35's" !

Well, I do have new exhaust now from the muffler back. But all in all a great day!

Definitely a good day wheeling and everyone did great. Other than a couple tire issues everyone finished unscathed.

The best part was the guy at the entrance to Anaconda saying "You cant do that trail in a TJ on 35's" !

I couldn’t believe after 3.5 years of abuse these tires decided to call it quits on the last wheeling trip they will take 😂