Arizona Tow Pigging Daily Driver

Damn... But better to get it all fixed now and then enjoy the new tow piggy... Just don't have the Jeep & truck torn down at the same time.

Exactly. Tear it all apart and it’s not so bad to replace the bushings. It seems like people think it’s a pain when they are trying to replace radius arm bushings without removing the axle arm and such. I’ll just remove it all and replace them all. Cheap for the most part. Just takes time

Reactions: Wildman
Pre 1996 = OBS to me.

I had a sweet 1995 Eddie Bauer F150 and grew up around my dad’s various OBS trucks. The one that stuck in my mind was a two tone gray brick nose.

I acquired one with a house I bought and it had been is inside the garage for 15-ish years undriven with 106k on the clock. I sold it for $3500 because the wife wanted a SxS. I miss the nostalgia that truck gave me.

Nice truck you got here. Get her right and she’ll take care of you.

Pre 1996 = OBS to me.

I had a sweet 1995 Eddie Bauer F150 and grew up around my dad’s various OBS trucks. The one that stuck in my mind was a two tone gray brick nose.

I acquired one with a house I bought and it had been is inside the garage for 15-ish years undriven with 106k on the clock. I sold it for $3500 because the wife wanted a SxS. I miss the nostalgia that truck gave me.

Nice truck you got here. Get her right and she’ll take care of you.

My wife's grandfather had a 1992 Eddie Bauer F150. It was really nice. My wife and I took it on our honeymoon because the AC was out on my truck.

When my wife's grandfather's health started declining they parked it and took his keys away. They parked it down by the barn and a tree fell on it. :cry: It's still sitting there

Front end overhaul has begun
IMG_2690.jpeg

Got the hubs and knuckles off and calling it for a day. Taking full advantage over the fact that I can take my time and not rush to get projects done. Front end rebuild will Include
-balljoints
-wheel bearings
- shocks
- radius arm bushings
- pivot bushings on the I beams
- maybe new TREs
- some paint
IMG_2694.jpeg

It’s really weird to look at the front end of a 2nd truck…I’ve never worked on one.

It is weird huh? It’s nice and simple at least. Just 2 axle arms shooting out from pivot points. Out here in the desert I just don’t have any use for a 4wd truck, so that feature didn’t really matter to me.

It is weird huh? It’s nice and simple at least. Just 2 axle arms shooting out from pivot points. Out here in the desert I just don’t have any use for a 4wd truck, so that feature didn’t really matter to me.

My Tundra group thought I was nuts that I was happy it didn’t have 4x4. It’s actually one of the things that prompted me to buy it.

Honestly I do that stuff in the Jeep between crawling trails…. At some point I’d love to put some more horses in the Jeep to do that stuff. Especially once it’s stretched it could be a very fun go fast vehicle. The shocks are so good at this point it always just feels like I’m lacking horsepower.

Weird, strange, unusual...Choose your adjective. Two wheel drive trucks aren't really a thing here in the great white north. I had one WAY back...it was absolute horse shit for driving in the winter. It was new enough and few enough miles that I never had to work on it before I sold it.

In your situation, I would probably make the same decision...

Weird, strange, unusual...Choose your adjective. Two wheel drive trucks aren't really a thing here in the great white north. I had one WAY back...it was absolute horse shit for driving in the winter. It was new enough and few enough miles that I never had to work on it before I sold it.

In your situation, I would probably make the same decision...

What is this… winter?

Honestly I do that stuff in the Jeep between crawling trails…. At some point I’d love to put some more horses in the Jeep to do that stuff. Especially once it’s stretched it could be a very fun go fast vehicle. The shocks are so good at this point it always just feels like I’m lacking horsepower.

This puts a smile on my face, Stark!

🤔

As long as the next two lettas out yo’ mouth ain’t LS…

🙂

My son, Christian, was riding with Garrett and from the trail head out to the trail and back he opened the TJ up. My son said " I was originally scared when he started flying out the access roads but once I realized that he drove like that because he had the skill do it, it became really fun!!"

I would like to see and LS in that TJ so he can show the rest of us how it's done :)

It really is an odd suspension design. But i beams are very tough compared to any other independent suspension and can achieve crazy travel.I had a ranger with longer radius arms,taller coil/shock buckets to fit longer travel parts and would regularly jump it 6ft in the air. Jeeps are fun but my heart will always be with go fast prerunner style trucks catching air!