Body shop or detailer?

suicideking

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
This was my dads car, he will be passing soon. So at some point, looks like he drove through some asphalt that hadn't dried yet. This is stuck to both sides. Who would fix this, body shop, detailer, or other?

I'm still debating whether to keep this car or sell it, but this would be one of the expenses to take care of if I keep it.

It's a 2011 Lexus LS460 with V8 and only 32K miles. Debating keeping this for my 15yo who turns 16 in December. Otherwise he will get an 04 TJ Sahara with 75K miles.

PXL_20240427_204743717.jpg

PXL_20240427_204727490.jpg

That car is probably a safer and much better choice for any teenage son and if I had a teenage son I wouldn't bother worrying about that tar along the bottom. It will be scraped off by driving over who knows what.

Also I hope he's not as bad as the typical teenage son driver but there are very few Lexuses abused or not, that are missed when sold compared to any Jeep being trashed.

That car is probably a safer and much better choice for any teenage son and if I had a teenage son I wouldn't bother worrying about that tar along the bottom. It will be scraped off by driving over who knows what.

Also I hope he's not as bad as the typical teenage son driver but there are very few Lexuses abused or not, that are missed when sold compared to any Jeep being trashed.

Good point. I guess most vehicles are safer than a Jeep. My dad is a fanatic regarding safety. I'm sure he wouldn't have even considered the car if it didn't have a top safety rating on Consumer Reports. I'm discussing these points with my wife. It's a really nice car.

Reactions: inkedrose
Take it to a detail shop
Lexus for the kid all day Vs the Jeep

Ive owned several Lexus and bought 2 for my mother, and my wifes mother also drives one

I would still pimp a Lexus LS460 as a DD even as an adult
To have one at 16 would be a dream come true

I nearly bought that same car 10 years ago
It was the LS460L. Just more rear seat room

Reactions: suicideking