Bolt size for hockey puck bump stops?

sertshark

What size/length do you suggest to hold the hockey pucks in for bump stops? Thinking about 1/2" so I can squeeze it under the perch in back. Not sure how many pucks I'll need, but I assume 1 or 2. I'd like to be able to purchase everything before I start so I don't have to run back to the hardware store in the middle...

What size/length do you suggest to hold the hockey pucks in for bump stops? Thinking about 1/2" so I can squeeze it under the perch in back. Not sure how many pucks I'll need, but I assume 1 or 2. I'd like to be able to purchase everything before I start so I don't have to run back to the hardware store in the middle...

Squeeze it under the perch?

I tapped my perches for 5/16-18 and used 2-1/2" bolts with large washers (for two pucks). And cut recesses in the top pucks on a lathe.

Pucks_01.jpg

Pucks_02.jpg

Pucks_03.jpg

Not exactly sure what you're asking but this is what RockJock uses and as a result what I've used, with longer bolts as necessary if extra pucks are needed. Just measure the pucks minus any countersinking you do.

Front
Rear

To add to the above comment I don't have a lathe but I've just clamped a puck into a vise before and used a spade bit for countersinking

Last edited: