Home of the Jeep

YonderWalnut

Hi all,

I've always wanted a dark green TJ since I was a little kid. Last year some unfortunate events happened in my life but the upshot was that I ended up finally in a position to buy a jeep. I spent a couple weeks shopping and was about to give up on finding a car that matched my criteria, but one last look at craigslist revealed exactly what I was looking for just a couple hours North of me in Michigan. A moss pearl green, clean, manual Sahara that had spent most of its life in Idaho but was now sitting in a pole barn in Saginaw not being used. I went up to test drive it, got my first jeep wave on the drive, and ran home to pick up a check for 16.5k. Maybe a little pricey but for here in the rust belt I don't think I did too bad, and besides its my dream car.

I've always been more of a gun guy than a car guy but I'm interested in learning more about cars and how to wrench on them. The jeep has already been plenty useful towards that end, had a few minor issues to fix so far. The biggest one was the check valve failing on the fuel pump, so I dropped the tank and replaced it. Most of my memories of my grampa involve being out in the garage helping with work on his old car restorations. He had a 1915 Model T, 1915 Willys Overland, and a Jeepster whose year I don't know (among a few other cars here and there). All of them restored to like factory new. So that's really my goal with the jeep. Its already very clean and very stock but I'm trying to get it that last 15% or so there and keep it that way so maybe one day when its almost as old as the T was I can take my grandkids on old car tours with it. If I want to wheel I'll just risk my truck.

1.jpg