Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

Added a Quad Lock Charging mount to the dash for my phone.

20240512_154639.jpg

Future plans are to add a winch bumper to the front & it'll have a grille guard too. But that won't happen for a while.

Like this one:

View attachment 526286

Or this one:

View attachment 526288

Did a little work on it today. The trim piece around the entry door had come loose on the drive home so I'd fixed that.

Then I swapped out the band clamp on the hot charge pipe that had blown off on the trip home. I'd hung onto my old ones so it was a easy swap. Stuck a few extras in with my tools for a "just In Case" if another one blows off.

View attachment 526282

View attachment 526283

We'll see how it does on my upcoming trip here in a few.

I've never had an issue with Sinister ones on mine??

Reactions: reddvltj
This band is the only one that seems to have an issue so I'm hoping that now I won't have anymore issues.

If it blows again, or others blow, check that the pipe has a good flare/bead/ridge (whatever it's called) and that it's not too slick from paint/powder coating. I've seen pipes with shallow flares/beads have blow-off issues simply because the hose has nothing solid to grab onto, but you might already know that.

I looked for pics of what I'm talking about. This one looks shallow to me.

1715615037840.png

This one looks better.
1715615198725.png

If it blows again, or others blow, check that the pipe has a good flare/bead/ridge (whatever it's called) and that it's not too slick from paint/powder coating. I've seen pipes with shallow flares/beads have blow-off issues simply because the hose has nothing solid to grab onto, but you might already know that.

I looked for pics of what I'm talking about. This one looks shallow to me.

View attachment 526454

This one looks better.
View attachment 526456

I wiped the inside of the hose out and cleaned the pipe before putting it back together. The pipes all have flanges on them but I can't say that they are as nice as the second picture. I'll try to remember to get a picture next time it's apart.

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
I installed a catch can to keep the oil out of the turbo and intake

That is one of my next mods to get done.

Edit: The new engine & turbos don't seem to have as much blowby as the old engine & turbos either. Did you buy a kit? And if you did from whom?