Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

Reactions: Woodrow
Shop finally got the new Air Dog and got it installed on the coach. Reports that it isn't noisy anymore (YAHOO) and will be butting some miles/hours on the new engine breaking it in. So hopefully I should be hearing something later this week and should be able to pick it up next week at some point.
DAMN it's going to hurt paying this bill...

Shop finally got the new Air Dog and got it installed on the coach. Reports that it isn't noisy anymore (YAHOO) and will be butting some miles/hours on the new engine breaking it in. So hopefully I should be hearing something later this week and should be able to pick it up next week at some point.
DAMN it's going to hurt paying this bill...

I think your repair bill is gonna match what I have into my whole GMC...including the refurb!

Try this…you’ll be able to use yours as soon as you pick it up. I’m still 6 months away from even thinking about it.

This is true. But it still doesn't make me feel that much better... But we've also got two totally different rigs.

Reactions: reddvltj
Well after all this I'm finally going to retrieve my motorhome tomorrow. It's been a painful & expensive process but the shop say they've got close to 100 miles on it since the rebuild and it's purring like a kitten. I can't wait to actually get to drive it with a engine that is making the power it's supposed to. Plus with all the new parts that thing should just FLY.

Final total was just under $28K.... And Yep I Know I could have bought a lot of things for that amount. But hopefully this coach will last me over the next 5-10 years towing my Jeep & Harley around the country as I get to play a little before I end up in some Old Soldiers Home....
I'll post pictures once I pick it up.

Well after all this I'm finally going to retrieve my motorhome tomorrow. It's been a painful & expensive process but the shop say they've got close to 100 miles on it since the rebuild and it's purring like a kitten. I can't wait to actually get to drive it with a engine that is making the power it's supposed to. Plus with all the new parts that thing should just FLY.

Final total was just under $28K.... And Yep I Know I could have bought a lot of things for that amount. But hopefully this coach will last me over the next 5-10 years towing my Jeep & Harley around the country as I get to play a little before I end up in some Old Soldiers Home....
I'll post pictures once I pick it up.

Great news, Rick. Can’t wait to hear how it runs.

Great news, Rick. Can’t wait to hear how it runs.

Same here Jeff. Really curious what having a properly operating Powerstroke is like. I've only owned Rams since I got into the diesel truck world so my last experience with the Powerstroke was when it was still the 7.3 so it's a long time ago.

Reactions: reddvltj
On the way home...
20240507_123658.jpg

Stopped to get some fuel and got a few of the new engine.

20240507_133838.jpg

20240507_133846.jpg

20240507_133941.jpg

Feel any different?

Can't get on it enough to really know yet but it was nice being able to set the cruise and just let it run unless I was pulling steep hills. 1K miles I do the first oil change & then at the next 1K miles I do the next. Have to take it easy on those first 2K miles.

Coolant & oil temps stayed within tolerances the whole way.

I bet he feels a lot lighter in the pocketbook!

I'd would have rathe spent that type of money on some new axles but it is what it is. As I'd said in my TJ thread the engine really never stood a chance since whomever did the previous work had FUCKED up the engine. The only good thing they'd done was install ARP head studs but they even weren't installed correctly. In the scope of things I'm still about $100K less than any comparable thing on the market that is new. And their build quality SUCKS.

I did have one boot get blown off a hot side charge pipe just as I was climbing the hill after the Vantage bridge & was pushing over 30lbs boost. Then when I finally got stopped and was walking around to grab my tools my hat blows off. It blew across 3 lanes of I-90 and down the side of the hill. So my fat ass had to go chasing my hat.
The clamps that came with the hot & cold charge pipes are not the best IMO & I'm going to replace them with some better quality parts.

Other than this it was a smooth trip home.

Can't get on it enough to really know yet but it was nice being able to set the cruise and just let it run unless I was pulling steep hills. 1K miles I do the first oil change & then at the next 1K miles I do the next. Have to take it easy on those first 2K miles.

Coolant & oil temps stayed within tolerances the whole way.

I'd would have rathe spent that type of money on some new axles but it is what it is. As I'd said in my TJ thread the engine really never stood a chance since whomever did the previous work had FUCKED up the engine. The only good thing they'd done was install ARP head studs but they even weren't installed correctly. In the scope of things I'm still about $100K less than any comparable thing on the market that is new. And their build quality SUCKS.

Yeah, Its a cool rig, just a bitter pill. I've had a few of those myself (though nothing that $$$, yet). Glad you have a great attitude about it and can finally get out and enjoy it.

Yeah, Its a cool rig, just a bitter pill. I've had a few of those myself (though nothing that $$$, yet). Glad you have a great attitude about it and can finally get out and enjoy it.

I plan on taking some trips now. Even before the Jeep is ready too. Just need to get out in it and enjoy it. Then when the Jeep is finally running/driving I might actually get to really use it for what I bought it for.

Damn, look at those heat exchangers. :oops: I'd be looking for a grill guard of some type to add some protection for all of that.

Future plans are to add a winch bumper to the front & it'll have a grille guard too. But that won't happen for a while.

Like this one:

1715542680808.png

Or this one:

1715542731860.png

Did a little work on it today. The trim piece around the entry door had come loose on the drive home so I'd fixed that.

Then I swapped out the band clamp on the hot charge pipe that had blown off on the trip home. I'd hung onto my old ones so it was a easy swap. Stuck a few extras in with my tools for a "just In Case" if another one blows off.

20240512_114550.jpg

20240512_115425.jpg

We'll see how it does on my upcoming trip here in a few.