I have a question for those who have a badlands winch hitch mounting kit, a 12,000lb winch and big tires on their TJs.

nightcrawler

This might be a little silly but does the mount hang low enough, and does it have enough room so the tire doesn't hit it when mounting it on the hitch?

Hitch is in the center and I doubt it would make any contact with tires... front or rear.

It would hit everything else... completely change your approach or departure angles.

It's why we mount them on top of or inside front bumpers.

Now...if you used Anderson connectors for the power...and removed the winch every time then much less of an issue.

I have a 3500 lbs ATV winch with 1/4" synthetic cable. I've occasionally used it on the back of my Jeep with a recovery ring. The winch plate it welded to a receiver since I couldn't find anything as small as I wanted.

-Mac

Reactions: Rickyd
Hitch is in the center and I doubt it would make any contact with tires... front or rear.

It would hit everything else... completely change your approach or departure angles.

It's why we mount them on top of or inside front bumpers.

Now...if you used Anderson connectors for the power...and removed the winch every time then much less of an issue.

I have a 3500 lbs ATV winch with 1/4" synthetic cable. I've occasionally used it on the back of my Jeep with a recovery ring. The winch plate it welded to a receiver since I couldn't find anything as small as I wanted.

-Mac

Lol I should've been more specific that's on me, I meant "would it hit the spare?" But now I think I'm going to go with your Anderson connection system suggestion, thats right up my alley, thank you!

Reactions: macleanflood
Hitch mounted winches on front or rear are generally not a good idea. Much better to mount on the front bumper. There is a reason most/all do that.
Could be wrong. D