It just happened!

hmm. Maybe I should get blanks?

That would be even more work. The stock corners fit, but, in my case, I had them on and off 6 times. Each time involved some time with a grinder and flap disc, then hand filing and sanding.

Lining up the holes for the gas filler and taillights will just be a little drilling .

hmm. Maybe I should get blanks?

My GR corners went on fine, and they were used so I was dealing with a few PO drilled holes. I’m probably just not as perfectionist as @Irun. Can’t remember how long it took, but had to be under two hours.

I used T6061 Al bar for the backing plate. Good choice.

Reactions: Irun and FarFire70
Did the driver side mockup of the Genright corners. All I can say is they took a lot more work to get everything squared up than the two previous Savvy corners I've installed. Also, the gas filler holes aren't even close and the tail light holes are about 1/2 a hole off. On the plus side, the match to the Savvy rockers wasn't off by much at all.

View attachment 501946

Did you have to add anymore mounting holes? Sorry if I missed it somewhere. Wondering if thr savvy corners had any more or less mounting holes?

Reactions: Irun
Did you have to add anymore mounting holes? Sorry if I missed it somewhere. Wondering if thr savvy corners had any more or less mounting holes?

I did not, but only because of using Genright rear flares. That gave me three more bolt holes through the tub.

20240219_162123.jpg

Driver side corner and flare are drilled. I spent way more time on this than expected, but didn't want to rush and have something off that would annoy me. All that's left is to pull them and install the 4 rivet nuts.

20240219_161728.jpg

20240219_161542.jpg

20240219_162123.jpg

20240219_153647.jpg

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
I need to find a stock gas filler piece, install the taillight, and the driver side will be done. Six plus hours on one side, some might call it slow, I call it therapy!

View attachment 502439

I may have a NIB Mopar gas filler piece. I had order one 2 years ago and they sent me multiple somehow. Let me check after work today.

I may have a NIB Mopar gas filler piece. I had order one 2 years ago and they sent me multiple somehow. Let me check after work today.

Let me know if you have one. The aftermarket fuel door that came with the Jeep isn't going to work.

Rich,
I have a filler bezel if you need it. Since I went with the GR one I don't need it. It'd fit into a medium flat rate box real easy.

Reactions: Irun