New radiator - different coolant

02-TJ

So my radiator started leaking from where the top/inlet area mounts to the core. Based on a quick search on this site, I figured this Zerex G05 coolant is what I should be using.

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 10.57.26 PM.png

I drained my old coolant, replaced the radiator and proceeded to flush the system. I know that you are not supposed to mix different types of coolant. The coolant in the system previously was red (the G05 is yellow), I ran out of time and was only able to do 4 (maybe 5, can't remember) flushes. I was wondering if you all considered this diluted enough, the deep red one is the initial drain, the middle one is the second to last drain/flush and the one on the left is the last flush. I know a good bit of that is remaining in the engine/rest of cooling system. I was running out of daylight and didn't really have enough distilled water to do another flush. Is that enough dilution, or do I need to drain my cooling system and try again?

0-7.jpg

I’d call it good 👍🏼!

When I flushed mine, I drained from the engine block and didn’t need as many flushes to get it clear.
But I’d agree with @JMT you should be good to go.

Run it for awhile and check the coolant recovery bottle to look for precipitation. If it stays clean, you should be okay.