New Tool Day

Is your rubber overmolding cracking on the sides? Mine spent a very hot summer cutting 4" and 6" PVC pipe in dirt trenches, and it's cracking. I've thought about taking advantage of Milwaukee's 5 year warranty to get it fixed/replaced while I still can...

No, honestly other than being fairly dirty at the moment, it still looks brand new. I usually try to wipe the tools down after each use, but I'm ashamed to say I've neglected to do so with my impact driver, Hackzall, and Sawzall recently. My Sawzall actually still has mud/dirt on it from cutting pvc in a ditch when installing a drain line last fall. The Hackzall hasn't had near the use as the others though, and is in fact the newest Milwaukee tool I've bought at around 2 years old, and it's had the least use. All my stuff lives in my shop either on a rack I made or on a shelf on my build table, so it's lived a pretty easy life when not in use. The most damage any of mine have are some heavy scars from falling off of ladders and such. I've had one person I know use the Milwaukee warranty (I can't remember what the issue was) and it was a painless process as I recall.

Reactions: sab
No, honestly other than being fairly dirty at the moment, it still looks brand new. I usually try to wipe the tools down after each use, but I'm ashamed to say I've neglected to do so with my impact driver, Hackzall, and Sawzall recently. My Sawzall actually still has mud/dirt on it from cutting pvc in a ditch when installing a drain line last fall. The Hackzall hasn't had near the use as the others though, and is in fact the newest Milwaukee tool I've bought at around 2 years old, and it's had the least use. All my stuff lives in my shop either on a rack I made or on a shelf on my build table, so it's lived a pretty easy life when not in use. The most damage any of mine have are some heavy scars from falling off of ladders and such. I've had one person I know use the Milwaukee warranty (I can't remember what the issue was) and it was a painless process as I recall.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, in my shop I (almost) always wipe down my tools after every use when they are put back in their spot. However, that PVC job (huge rainwater collection system - not just for watering a garden, but to live on) was dusty and rocky, and I lost my discipline due to being absolutely exhausted at the end of each day. Most days, I literally threw my tools in a utility wagon and pulled it to the garage at the end of the day. It still works just fine, but, just the opposite of yours, my Hackzall is the ugliest Milwaukee tool I own. :rolleyes:

Reactions: WVJeep304
I have an M18. Why?

Because I have the M-12. Sometimes I wish I had went with M-18 but I'm not going to change now. The nice thing about the M-12 Hackzall is it can fit into some pretty tight spots. I also have the M-12 Portaband which is great for cutting 1/2" and 3/4" EMT using the bigger capacity M-12 battery. The small lightweight stuff is great for when you're climbing up on rooftops.

Reactions: sab
Because I have the M-12. Sometimes I wish I had went with M-18...

Do you have any of the M12 High Output batteries? They've been out for a year or two. There's a CP2.5 version and an XC5.0 version. They are meant for tools like the Hackzall that draw energy out at a high rate. If you haven't tried one, it might improve the performance a bit for you.

Reactions: Apparition
Do you have any of the M12 High Output batteries? They've been out for a year or two. There's a CP2.5 version and an XC5.0 version. They are meant for tools like the Hackzall that draw energy out at a high rate. If you haven't tried one, it might improve the performance a bit for you.

Did not know about those. I did buy a couple of 4.0 batteries and they are noticeably better. This guy tested the ones you mentioned:

My corded Dewalt orbital palm sander developed a short in the cord. Trying the milwaukee m18 palm sander. I have 2, 12ah batteries on the way as well.

20240331_094514.jpg

The 4ah and 5ah batteries are lasting about 20-30 min (no surprise). It's also generating about the same amount of dust as my Dewalt. The 12ah batteries should be much better when they get here.

Otherwise I like this thing. It takes two hands to control on a fresh battery or it walks all over with the amount of power it has. The on/off switch is easy to operate with my thumb and ring finger. Same with speed, easy to adjust with my thumb.

20240331_164315.jpg

20240331_164938.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
Well since I already have alot of Dewalt cordless tools and my air compressor decided to crap out on me.

I ordered this!!!!!

3 torque settings, 100 ft lbs, 600 ft lbs and 1060 ft lbs of fasting torque and 1400 ft lbs of break away torque.

I will also get another Harbor freight Apache box for the impact and sockets. That way I am good to go on the trail!!!!!

20240409_185012.jpg

Well since I already have alot of Dewalt cordless tools and my air compressor decided to crap out on me.

I ordered this!!!!!

3 torque settings, 100 ft lbs, 600 ft lbs and 1060 ft lbs of fasting torque and 1400 ft lbs of break away torque.

I will also get another Harbor freight Apache box for the impact and sockets. That way I am good to go on the trail!!!!!

View attachment 517017

Thanks, I did not know they made a multi torque. Wouldn't 1400 pounds brake a bolt?

I ordered this!!!!!

View attachment 517017

On sale at Amazon…tool only if you didn’t already get that deal.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YXXFPBJ?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: John Cooper