P0306

aidanm

TJ Enthusiast
Alright guys, I’ve tried everything that’s been suggested and still havent found the solution to my cylinder 6 misfire problem. 2002 TJ 4.0. I hear it at idle and feel it when driving as well. Did a compression test, everything looked good, did a fuel pressure test, that looked good, just checked the injector wires with a Noid light, swapped #5 and #6 injectors to see if the problem followed and it didn’t, and put brand new spark plugs in(twice) and changed the coil rail. Also swapped all the o2 sensors. Any ideas?

Alright guys, I’ve tried everything that’s been suggested and still havent found the solution to my cylinder 6 misfire problem. 2002 TJ 4.0. I hear it at idle and feel it when driving as well. Did a compression test, everything looked good, did a fuel pressure test, that looked good, just checked the injector wires with a Noid light, swapped #5 and #6 injectors to see if the problem followed and it didn’t, and put brand new spark plugs in(twice) and changed the coil rail. Also swapped all the o2 sensors. Any ideas?

Check for frayed wires behind and around the rear of the valve cover. I never had a 4.0 but I know back there are a few wires that get chaffed (many times its a fuel injector wire that can get chaffed)

Check for frayed wires behind and around the rear of the valve cover. I never had a 4.0 but I know back there are a few wires that get chaffed (many times its a fuel injector wire that can get chaffed)

Wouldn’t doing the Noid light test show that?