Steering Wheel and Quick Release Hub

SuzieTJ

Hey there I was wanting to upgrade my old stock steering wheel in my ‘01 TJ to an aftermarket one with a quick release. Do any of the quick release hubs work or is there a specific one?

NRG-171H hub and the NRG Quick release. Pair these with a flat steering wheel and it will be in the same place as factory.
Genright kit is cool, but you loose the clock spring. Which means no horn button, and no auto cancelling turn signals. The NRG kit allows the clock spring to stay in.
C6F71FD1-4335-4736-A719-D53B6EF12BCB.jpeg

NRG-171H hub and the NRG Quick release. Pair these with a flat steering wheel and it will be in the same place as factory.
Genright kit is cool, but you loose the clock spring. Which means no horn button, and no auto cancelling turn signals. The NRG kit allows the clock spring to stay in.View attachment 273028
I like it - and the horn button works?

Reactions: sunnysideup_lj
Genright kit is cool, but you loose the clock spring. Which means no horn button, and no auto cancelling turn signals. The NRG kit allows the clock spring to stay in.

View attachment 273028

Don’t want to revive a dead thread, but what year Jeep do you have? I was going to try to do this on my 06 LJ

hey im trying to install the same nrg hub on my 05 lj and i dont understand what to do with the cruise control and air bag wires ? obviously im not using them did i not disassemble far enough? does more stuff have to come off? i cant get the hub to sit flush due to those wires? any helpp would be greatly appreciated pictures of assembly would be even more appreciated lol

hey im trying to install the same nrg hub on my 05 lj and i dont understand what to do with the cruise control and air bag wires ? obviously im not using them did i not disassemble far enough? does more stuff have to come off? i cant get the hub to sit flush due to those wires? any helpp would be greatly appreciated pictures of assembly would be even more appreciated lol

This was a while ago... Sorry I didn't take more notes/documents during install. I believe I just snipped the cruise control wires off the clock spring. Having a spare clock spring just in case I ever wanted to go back to the factory wheel.

This was a while ago... Sorry I didn't take more notes/documents during install. I believe I just snipped the cruise control wires off the clock spring. Having a spare clock spring just in case I ever wanted to go back to the factory wheel.

wow either way thank you so much for your response i honestly thought it was a long shot getting a response on such an old post.. ok ill do a little more digging but im pretty sure thats what im going to have to do and your sure its the 171 part number cause i saw on another forum that they used the 170? i purchased the 171 cause thats the part number i found used most

wow either way thank you so much for your response i honestly thought it was a long shot getting a response on such an old post.. ok ill do a little more digging but im pretty sure thats what im going to have to do and your sure its the 171 part number cause i saw on another forum that they used the 170? i purchased the 171 cause thats the part number i found used most

I have/had plans to wire the cruise control into a universal switch on the dash, But I honestly haven't missed it enough to mess with it.

Just looked up my order history. I got the NRG SRK-171H

im not currently im just using the hub and wheel without release ... one day i might put release on and if i do itll be the nrg 2.0 also