The unfortunate TJ of the day thread

Free_Clue_for_the_Clueless.jpg

I would love if more people did, but I stole the photos from a reddit post so, my bad ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Nothing personal, since you didn't shoot them. And it was a really dumb TJ. 🥴

I'm a member of a group who thinks people should be required to take a 3-week photography course and get certified before a manufacturer is allowed to enable the camera on their phone. Maybe that's a little over the top, but the world would certainly benefit - at least both of us in this growing group think so. :LOL:

Reactions: DavidBT and Zorba

I'm a member of a group who thinks people should be required to take a 3-week photography course and get certified before a manufacturer is allowed to enable the camera on their phone. Maybe that's a little over the top, but the world would certainly benefit - at least both of us in this growing group think so. :LOL:

Oh trust me I understand. Almost every time I see a picture like this I always try and scroll to the side because I think maybe the entire photo hasn't loaded. Then there's a visibly disappointed look on my face when I realize...

Reactions: Zorba
I agree, landscape can make for a better picture.
However, most people don't take the time to rotate their phone when scrolling through stuff.
So, the landscape picture ends up small and harder to see.
People are lazy. Portrait is easier to take and easier to view.

You also have a generation of people who have never used a regular camera.

1000006385.png

Would you rather the image like this though? 😆 I hate when people crop pictures and stretch them.

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
I agree, landscape can make for a better picture.
However, most people don't take the time to rotate their phone when scrolling through stuff.
So, the landscape picture ends up small and harder to see.
People are lazy. Portrait is easier to take and easier to view.

You also have a generation of people who have never used a regular camera.

Yet another example of the massive societal cost of catering to these things.