Water proof tool box?

John Cooper

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Had a toll box behind the back seat in BB, to be honest I forgot I had it back there.

When I pulled the soft top off, I took the tool box out and dang if my tools weren't sitting in water.

I don't carry a lot, pliers, sockets couple of screw drivers, ratchets and so forth.

I am looking for a good waterproof tool storage that will fit behind the back seat. Any recommendations??

The HF Apache 2800 case is about the size of my Flambeau case, which holds a surprising number of tools.

Complete_Set_02.jpg

Packed_02.jpg

Ok, I didn't actually get the saw, crowbar, and prybar in there. :)

It's supposed to be waterproof, but I haven't actually dunked it in the bathtub to find out.

I have a couple of Pelican 1170 and the HF Apache 2800 underneath my seats and behind the seats. The Apache fit nicely underneath the seats and the Pelican are the only I've found that are narrow enough for the passenger seat to still tumble back.

Reactions: John Cooper
Gonna give the HF Apache a shot, hopefully picking one up this weekend.

Thanks for all the replies!!!

Picked up the Apache this past weekend.

20231005_145735.jpg

Got the 4800. I know the tools look rough but they are still shinier than @RINC Hood.

20231005_145621.jpg

Going to get a set of HF wrenches SAE and Metric. Foam on top of these. And then wrenches in the roll and foam again. Hopefully everything will stay quiet.

20231005_145653.jpg

20231005_145703.jpg

If you want to get the rest of that label off cleanly, hit it with a heat gun on low.

Move the heat gun around a bit over the label for a few (around10-15) seconds. The glue underneath will soften and the label will be much easier to remove.

If the label is still sticky at first try, give it a few more seconds with the low heat.

I do this with their plastic ammo cans. Works great.

• Love
IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

Not fancy or expensive I use this from tractor supply. Never have any issues with water intrusion.

Reactions: srimes