What did you do to your TJ today?

Made some mounting posts for my front sway bar quick-disconnects. Drilled and tapped a hole in the frame then drilled a hole in two bolts I had laying around. Cut the bolt heads off then threaded them in and added a few tack welds for added strength. Sprayed the inside and outside with frame coating.

View attachment 520072

View attachment 520073

View attachment 520074

View attachment 520075

View attachment 520076

Did you just use regular steel bolts for this? Galvanized? Stainless?
1/2"?

In December, Warn had a deal with a nice rebate on their EVO winches. I purchased one. The winch originally had a wireless remote, but that had been removed because of the recall. As compensation, Warn added another rebate. This was $100 credit at the Warn website. I had a little trouble getting the company administering the rebates to understand I was entering two different rebates with the same receipt. I received my second rebate, and Warn has added the wireless remote back as an option (pn# 109470), so I ordered it.

Finally had time time to install it this weekend. Now we have a wireless option.

View attachment 522244View attachment 522245

I took advantage of the same rebate and need to do this.

Simple things this weekend:
Rotated all 5 tires.
Lubed the steering and sway bar end links.

(I tried to adjust my almost right-on driver half door. Busted another T40 bit. Got 1 of 6 door screws loose. Had a couple screws start to wallow out. I figured, it close enough, I'm not dorking with this anymore.) .

Getting prepped to mount Rubicon Rails. Scraped, wire brushed, mineral spirits, and now Rustoleum Rust Reformer. Every damn spot weld rusting. 24 Hours and then Rusty Metal Primer and a top coat.
Are these what you call torsion boxes? What are the big boxes up in the fenders? Like the one the battery tray mounts to. Are those just part of the fenders?

Jeep LJ Enderbody.jpg

Last edited:
Simple things this weekend:
Rotated all 5 tires.
Lubed the steering and sway bar end links.

(I tried to adjust my almost right-on driver half door. Busted another T40 bit. Got 1 of 6 door screws loose. Had a couple screws start to wallow out. I figured, it close enough, I'm not dorking with this anymore.) .

Breaking impact Torx bits? Wow

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
Damn straight. On a 3/8 breaker bar no less.

All told I broke 1 non-impact and 1 impact bit; and bent 1 non-impact and 1 impact bit.

( I can't wait to take them back to O'Reilly's because those guys were shocked I broke the non-impact bit. They up-sold me a whole set of impacts and said "These will get the job done". This will blow their minds.)

All told I broke 1 non-impact and 1 impact bit; and bent 1 non-impact and 1 impact bit.

( I can't wait to take them back to O'Reilly's because those guys were shocked I broke the non-impact bit. They up-sold me a whole set of impacts and said "These will get the job done". This will blow their minds.)

It's hard to find decent hand tools today

I found out after I broke a T 40 torx with a breaker bar, that if I used a 3/8 air impact or a 1/4 cordless impact with a 3/8 adapter, that they didn't break as often or at all.

Breaking impact Torx bits? Wow

I did exactly the same thing last fall. The torx part broke off in the bolt head. Tried to drill it out, no dice. Those torx bits are very tough. Fortunately it broke flush with the bolt head so I just painted over it with touch-up paint. I hope I don't have to remove the half doors for any reason .