What did you do to your TJ today?

Dealing with a case of PAS - Parts Acquisition Syndrome. I've had a lunchbox locker in hand for over a year now, but when I install it, I want to replace all the rusty crap on each front wheel - the brake calipers in particular are a horrid mass of rust as are the knuckles. I bought NOS Crown wheel bearings and ball joints from a fellow Jeeper locally - some time ago. I bought the Knuckles more recently, and painted them red. The only other major thing to obtain were the brake calipers - sourced those from BMB, of course. I also wanted to replace the spindle nut and associated hardware. Ordered all that from Denney's Driveshafts, but it seemed that NOBODY had the little "wave spring" that fits between the nut and the keeper. Finally found them on eBay - turns out the seller had encountered the same thing, so when he found them, he had to buy in bulk, so he's selling the extras off.

Just today, I ordered Centric brake hoses from Rock Auto, I already have the knuckle to bearing bolt set and even new bump stop bolts - genuine MOPAR. I even have new internal axle seals and the tool to deal with them as well as new U-joints. I "think" I'm ready to go - I've been working on this fucking house for about 2 years with only minimal time to put this stuff on.

About the only good thing on the front wheels are the rotors and the brake pads because they were changed out by the dealer I bought it from.

Please do yourself a favor and put a new set of pads on the new calipers. Just a thought.

I don't know how I ever got along without this little trailer...

DSC02948.JPG

I don't know how I ever got along without this little trailer...

View attachment 521039

Look at you all parked straight. One of my pet peaves. Something I from my dad and tried to emulate when I drove truck part time. Even now when my wife and I pull into a rv space, I have to be straight.

Look at you all parked straight. One of my pet peaves. Something I from my dad and tried to emulate when I drove truck part time. Even now when my wife and I pull into a rv space, I have to be straight.

The one time I won't park straight is when I have to span several parking spots with a trailer. I always angle things so I can get out - you can park in the back 40, and some asshole will park right next to you making it difficult to get out. "Defensive Parking".

The one time I won't park straight is when I have to span several parking spots with a trailer. I always angle things so I can get out - you can park in the back 40, and some asshole will park right next to you making it difficult to get out. "Defensive Parking".

I am terrible at it, my wife drives. The other night to drop off some wood for my daughter’s woodshop class. Went down the aisle and they had the gate locked and there we were cars on each side with a small turn around area. I was about to say “want me to get out, unhook and turn it around, she said no and got it turned around. My daughter and I each were impressed.

Been there done that.

The shorter the trailer the harder it is to backup.
Fabricating a fuel jug holder for my teardrop. Heading out to the middle of the Mojave for 4 days and gas will be hours away.

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg