Wranglerfixed

I'm going to order the tune next week before I leave town for a few days. I'm tired of hitting the OD switch.

I’m not having any issues with my OEM pcm, but it makes sense to have a “just in case” spare and prices are only going up. The tune (use of OD, better shifting and possible improved fuel economy) is what motivated me to act now though. So the Wranglerfix is going in and OEM going on shelf as backup.

Reactions: JMT and MikeE024
I am in Dayton, also. I just ordered the PCM with tune for my 05 LJR. If you want, you could see what mine is like before and after it installed?

Might have to take you up on that! Sending you a PM. EDIT: Correction, I'm not a supporting member so I cant PM. I am interested though! Checked out your build thread, badass LJ too btw. Mine is slowly falling apart after years of offroading and winter driving. Need to give it some TLC

Last edited:
Might have to take you up on that! Sending you a PM. EDIT: Correction, I'm not a supporting member so I cant PM. I am interested though! Checked out your build thread, badass LJ too btw. Mine is slowly falling apart after years of offroading and winter driving. Need to give it some TLC

I'd check compatibility with @Wranglerfix before swapping his PCM in since his PCM's VIN won't match your VIN...just mentioning this in case it matters.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Unfortunately the wrangler fix PCM didn't fix my shifting problem. Most likely shift solenoid on the trans. Jeep is at a trans shop right now looking at it.

Still waiting to hear back from Mark who was getting with his tech then letting me know if there was anything he could do. That was Thursday. I'm possibly looking at returning the PCM depending on what this trans shop says. I'm already $375 in the hole in it from another shop that didn't fix anything. Plus $875 for this PCM that also didn't fix the Jeep.

The couple blocks I drove the Jeep with the new PCM before it hard shifted then stuck into first the butt dyno could notice a big difference in the shifting pattern and RPM range. I was barely pressing the gas pedal and the next thing I notice I'm at 60mph at around 2700rpm. Didn't seem the need to press the OD off button. Everything was smooth as butter.

• Sad
Reactions: Don Bulee
Calling on @AndyG @Mr. Bills and @taylormade73 for some valuable input.

If possible, can you provide an approximate RPM when the transmission shifts from 3-4, and when lockup occurs with OD off?

Edit: Adding you to the list @JMT :)

I’ll be glad to when I’m in the rig again- This evening I am trying to finish something for my son and daughter-in-law and get the Driveshafts over to a guy who swapping me my stock stuff for Adams

All I know is I've driven a very large number of different rigs and they are never the same. Buy the tune, if it doesn't make a noticed improvement, send it back. If it does, keep it. My personally, if I had an 05-06, I would tend to not be very likely to call either Andy or Mr. Bills a liar.

Thanks
Blaine-

This is a key post-

I was concerned when this started that the results would get magnified because I know the desire for better 4.0 performance is tremendous-

If you guys look at my earlier posts I tried to make it very clear that this is not going to make the vehicle a powerhouse-

I felt like my LJR was lethargic and it cured it, the shift points are great and I’m real happy with how that works.

I’ve also driven rigs that are great- I’ve got a friend with a rebuilt engine and 33 inch tires and stock 4:10 Rubicon gearing in his LJ and it is fantastic.

My biggest concern was and still is I really don’t know what to tell people to expect because I don’t know where they are with the rig right now-

There is no question these rigs vary.

Part of my thought process was knowingly failure rate of the 05-06, at the minimum it gave me a spare. I got more but that is no guarantee.

Reactions: Don Bulee
See post 19 as well.

456254ED-1FEF-40A4-B47D-A6FEF6C0DD33.png

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Are 4.11 gears (Rubicon) and 33" tires (285/75/16) a no-soup combination? Because I'm eager to drink the fuck out of this Kool-Aid. lol

No - a Rubicon came with 31 inch tires and those gears-

But notice what I’m saying- I have a friend who’s got a rig and that is the set up and he has the same transmission and it performs every bit as good as mine does - Mine has bigger tires and is geared for them but did not run as good as him until I did the PCM.

I think it’s going to depend on how well your PCM and other peripheral computers are working together to see how much benefit people get- Provided the gearing and tire size are correct.

The 4.0 can’t pull bigger tires with stock gears without showing it - regardless of what tune it has.

I think the best way to say it is Mark has the tune dialed- If you need it. It made a noticeable difference with mine- but mine was lazy.

Alright, update on my situation. Reputable transmission shop said they fixed the wiring on my output shaft speed sensor and the bill is going to be $395 :mad:; A wire was grounding. After I paid a previous shop $375 to replace it. They said it's all good and working. So, I'm going to go pick it up now and see. I'm not holding my breath. Anxious to drive it home with the new PCM after getting teased by it the other day.

In the meantime, Mark had already sent me a return label for the PCM and shipped me another one today I guess thinking it might have been a faulty unit. Which I probably won't need.

If you want to talk about customer service. Wranglerfix = 5 stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: