You guys talked me into Milwaukee, so here we go

Woodrow

Supporting Member
This showed up today:
IMG_6089.jpeg

I’ve had mostly Dewalt electric tools for years. They work OK but I’ve upped my game in the garage somewhat and want nicer tools. Because of batteries, sticking with a brand is efficient so this is a leap of faith. I started with a 2 tools I don’t have; a 3/4” impact which I needed to borrow for the pinion nut on a recent 1 ton diff rebuild and 7 1/4” battery powered saw which I’ve wanted forever because my wood cutting is often too far from a power outlet like fencing projects. Also, I keep cutting the cord🙄. Finally, I burned up my corded grinder recently so I’m going with the red tool for the new one. I got all of this through The Red Tool store. All on sale but spendy, nonetheless. Hope I like it.

This showed up today:
View attachment 500773
I’ve had mostly Dewalt electric tools for years. They work OK but I’ve upped my game in the garage somewhat and want nicer tools. Because of batteries, sticking with a brand is efficient so this is a leap of faith. I started with a 2 tools I don’t have; a 3/4” impact which I needed to borrow for the pinion nut on a recent 1 ton diff rebuild and 7 1/4” battery powered saw which I’ve wanted forever because my wood cutting is often too far from a power outlet like fencing projects. Also, I keep cutting the cord🙄. Finally, I burned up my corded grinder recently so I’m going with the red tool for the new one. I got all of this through The Red Tool store. All on sale but spendy, nonetheless. Hope I like it.

You won't be sorry

Reactions: Squatch
Now you have gone and done it. Next you need lights, 3/8 compact impact, drill, and the list goes on. I have avoided it so far but I feel that M12 stuff will have to make its way into my life this year at some point.

Going Milwaukee was one of the best and most expensive decisions I've ever made. No regrets.

P.S. You might as well go ahead and start buying more batteries when you find a deal on them. I suggest watching Slickdeals, as I see Milwaukee battery deals pop up on there quite often.

One of my more recent favorite M18 purchases has been the little tablesaw. I used it to make both the tub rails and the tailgate valance.

20230923_211442.jpg

20240127_161904.jpg

I could add up how deep I'm into it but I don't really want to know.

I started with more outdoor tools than garage with a sawzall, then a line trimmer, plus pole saw and brush cutter attachments for the trimmer, a leaf blower. Most recently a drill, and a 1/2" mid torque impact. All M18 so far.

I was first introduced in 2016 when a bunch of engineers including myself got called up to work an extra shift on the factory floor to get caught up. It was at the time a subsidiary of Ingersoll Rand, and even though we were officially supposed to use IR tools, there were still several Milwaukee impacts around that were more powerful, went longer between battery swaps, and were outlasting their IR equivalents. It took about 2 nights for everybody to start showing up early so they could claim the Milwaukee tools before everybody else got there.

Last edited:
If you need some convincing that you made the right decision, this video alone SOLD me on Milwaukee Impact guns..
My satisfaction with the impact wrench carries into the rest of their tool line-up.

If you haven't seen Donut content before, it can come on as fairly 'corny' or 'playful' , but the base of good information/testing IS there.

Reactions: Woodrow
Got that also and a Milwaukee 12v grease gun for my bday that I've yet to try (not on the Currie CL/pitman I'm told).

The Milwaukee grease gun was a game changer for the trailer bearings. I'm pretty sure I've greased everything on my jeep with mine too, I did see that comment recently though.

Reactions: PNW_LJ and NOTNSUV
The Milwaukee grease gun was a game changer for the trailer bearings. I'm pretty sure I've greased everything on my jeep with mine too, I did see that comment recently though.

The gun and a loc'n-grease or whatever it's called.

I got a loc'n-flate for for the PowerPlant on the LJR also.
Timed my tire air up at home and just lock it on and run a timer on my phone for the trail. 😊 A single final check and I'm done.

Now you have gone and done it. Next you need lights, 3/8 compact impact, drill, and the list goes on. I have avoided it so far but I feel that M12 stuff will have to make its way into my life this year at some point.

I was Team M18 for years and never even looked at the M12 stuff. But getting the M12 heated vest got me headed down the M12 road. Now I have both M18 and M12 tools everywhere. Its a drug.

Also, the M18 tire inflator is actually really good. I use it when airing up now instead of the wired pump I was using.

My favorite and most used so far has been the M18 driver. I bought a combo set mainly for the 1/2" drill but find myself grabbing the driver before anything anything else.

Reactions: NOTNSUV