Car pics too cool not to share

1715047188715.png

I'd rather have the straight 6

In that particular car, I probably would as well. That said, it's been decked out in Sprint trim and, done right, an old small block Ford V8 isn't a bad thing.

If given the option, I'd rather have the 2 door hardtop. I think @Wildman posted this one a few weeks ago, minty!

fl0117-269812_2_2x.jpg

561457_3_jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I see the connection, but it likely started in aircraft, where every ounce counts and racing guys have taken a lot from aviation over the years.

Speaking of tractors, one of these Porsche with turf tires and a belly mower would be a cool lawn mower.

View attachment 524620

I only have 2/3 an acre with a wedge shaped front yard roughtly 60ft by 60 ft and I would still use that if I somehow ended up with one.

Aircraft in general does make more sense regarding racing but I don't think I could fly a helicopter. FWIW I'm pretty sure I watched Yogi Bear trim down some trees in a helicopter but this is the only thing that popped up in my search:
BI225061.jpg

https://secure.boeingimages.com/arc...ngbow-Upside-Down-Aerobatics-2F3XC544224.html

Colin Chapman, the founder of Lotus Engineering Ltd., went to school for structural engineering and was also exposed to aeronautical engineering while serving in the RAF. His "adding lightness" principle in his racing machines is likely a direct result of the latter.

And whadda we know? That I sometimes reply just before reading something I could have added to a reply before kinda changing the subject.

Reactions: chili_pepper
And whadda we know? That I sometimes reply just before reading something I could have added to a reply before kinda changing the subject.

While Colin was all about "adding lightness", this did tend to come at the cost of reliability and, on occasion, driver safety. And this was at a time when reliability was an issue even when one wasn't pushing the envelope...

Reactions: Wildman
While Colin was all about "adding lightness", this did tend to come at the cost of reliability and, on occasion, driver safety. And this was at a time when reliability was an issue even when one wasn't pushing the envelope...

Not to derail the thread more than we all already do on occasion but Harley is trying this type of thing with their new Pan American Adventure motorcycle. & it's been causing issues with some things. it's made for an awesome bike in many ways but it's not been without growing pains.

Never heard of it. Is that Harley's attempt at a dual sport bike, or is it aimed squarely at BMW?

View attachment 524857

That is this years CVO version but yes and Adventure bike is basically a dual sport. The HD PA had some innovations not offered prior to them releasing this bike like the active suspension.
Here's mine

20230512_164658.jpg