Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Some day, I would like to change to a 2din unit. Especially if I could find one with a real volume knob that I also liked the looks of.

YES! I'm 100% knob! I need to be able to spin down or up quickly. My wife hates how much I change the volume throughout a drive, but you need to dial it in to the situation (highway vs local roads vs stoplight, etc) and the music (when the right song hits - I need to spin that knob up!! :cool:).

I liked that this unit had a knob. A button doesn't do the job...

In SwitchPros news, I temporarily wired in the York, front bumper light bar and the auxiliary reverse lights override circuit. All work as they ought to. I'm very pleased with my control panel mount. It is firm and stable. The only movement is the solid click of the SP buttons. It feels really nice to poke at.

For basic on/off function, there is no setup. Just connect the switch power wire to the device. The installation includes connecting to ignition power as a signal to the controller. Default function is for everything to only receive power with the key on and automatic shut off with the ignition. Using the SP phone app, there is a lot of programming ability that I have not spent much time investigating yet.

Reactions: FarFire70
The minor big remaining portion of the highline installation is to rework the ARB compressor and locker switches wiring harness to send power via the SP to the compressor, which is also the interlock to the locker switch function. And I want to have independent locker control. None of the is difficult. I just need to study the ARB wiring diagram so I can connect it to the quick connect ARB plug that came with my SwitchPros unit.

Once this is figured out, I can begin the final wire organization. And maybe add the button stickers to the control panel.

Halfway done!

Last edited:
I reorganized part of the wiring harness that supplies the windshield washer pump power. That works again. And I found a pair of $29 NOS Mopar pump grommets to replace the original ones that have been leaking for over a year.
View attachment 527207

This was the first bottle fill up since reshaping the factory bottle to fit the highlines. And this was the day I discovered that I melted a hole in the bottle! So, I still have a leaky washer bottle. 😞
View attachment 527208

Torch and an old flathead srewdriver will have you fixed right up. Okie plastic welding 101

Reactions: FarFire70
Torch and an old flathead srewdriver will have you fixed right up. Okie plastic welding 101

I have a lead on a replacement factory bottle. This would give me a chance to do a nicer job on the reshaping now that I have had practice screwing up this one

Reactions: Rickyd
The minor big remaining portion of the highline installation is to rework the ARB compressor and locker switches wiring harness to send power via the SP to the compressor, which is also the interlock to the locker switch function. And I want to have independent locker control. None of the is difficult. I just need to study the ARB wiring diagram so I can connect it to the quick connect ARB plug that came with my SwitchPros unit.

Once this is figured out, I can begin the final wire organization. And maybe add the button stickers to the control panel.

Halfway done!

How are you looming?

I have a lead on a replacement factory bottle. This would give me a chance to do a nicer job on the reshaping now that I have had practice screwing up this one

If that falls through, I have one for you free, just need shipping. It's oddly shaped (but light) so I'm not sure what it would take $ to ship. But I doubt it would ever sell local and is likely garbage to me anyway so DM if you're interested if interested.

How are you looming?

I have several sizes of loom from Ancor and the nice tapes from Blaine.
20240427_123803.jpg

20240505_195011.jpg

I know many have moved to other looms but I like the plastic loom that you can easily add into in the future. I have a couple looms of 50-100' I picked up when I replaced the engine and replaced a lot of the OEM loom.

😲 What do you have there...? I used 3M 88 with zip ties to ensure it didn't completely peel when the glue wore down over time....