Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

It lights up!
20240505_192923.jpg

Today was finishing up the SwitchPros installation and a lot of clean up and reorganizing of my old wiring. Anything not controlled through the SP is originating from a small fuse terminal.
20240505_194043.jpg

At the moment, everything on the fuse terminal is temporarily landed just to begin getting a feel for wire layout and lengths. Nicer terminations are coming. Followed by a bunch of wire loom and securing.

Blaine was kind enough to send me a couple rolls of special tape for the loom. This is similar, if not the same as, what Jeep used from the factory.
20240505_195011.jpg

Both are unlike any electrical or gaffers tape I have ever used. This is neat stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: tworley
The Moroso battery terminals went on a few days ago.
20240502_194514.jpg

And I have been replacing the factory power and grounds with one size larger 4awg cable. New winch cables are ready to go on soon, as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: The4bangertj
Today was a finishing up the SwitchPros installation and a lot of clean up and reorganizing of my old wiring. Anything not controlled through the SP is originating from a small fuse terminal.
View attachment 524468

At the moment, everything on the fuse terminal is temporarily landed just to begin getting a feel for wire layout and lengths. Nicer terminations are coming.

I like how these pre-sheathed wires clean up things.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BGS6CGV3?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: tworley
Reactions: NashvilleTJ
As part of the new larger 4awg power and ground cables, I decided to duplicate the factory design with a fusible link between the PDC and alternator. Following the consistent guidance of the link being four awg smaller than the primary wire along with factory being 6awg primary and 10awg fusible...
Charging cable.jpg

...I purchased an 8awg fusible link from....

CE Auto Electric Supply
https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/product/fusible-links/
20240502_184717.jpg

20240502_190024.jpg

Last edited:
Compared to factory (after I cut it open to learn about it)
20240502_185438.jpg

The interesting thing about the factory link is that it is neither a crimped connection, nor a soldered connection.
20240502_182626.jpg

I see no evidence of a brazing material. But the connection point is a block of copper with well defined wire strands that are fully bonded to each other.

Talking with Blaine about it, he wondered if this is a compressed and welded connection that ensures a reliable joint that cannot come apart.

• Wow
Reactions: FarFire70

Good luck with that one, curious to see how it fits. I couldn't find anything that would work to make that bend into the PDC when I made new cables for my jeep. I ended up cutting the factory dual ring terminal off, removing the wires and smashing the crimp end of the terminal into a solid mass that can take a bolted connection. I'm still not happy with it, though its been working for a few years that way.

Good luck with that one, curious to see how it fits. I couldn't find anything that would work to make that bend into the PDC when I made new cables for my jeep. I ended up cutting the factory dual ring terminal off, removing the wires and smashing the crimp end of the terminal into a solid mass that can take a bolted connection. I'm still not happy with it, though its been working for a few years that way.

I'm thinking for this one.
20240505_194043~2.jpg

The PDC attachment would be nice to do better on. I see lots of folded 90° bends. But none have a long enough tab with an eye to reach in to the studs.

Reactions: Mike_H