Do-anything LJ build advice

Oh that's right, we were talking taking about cutting slots.

It's really weird, your coast side before you took 2 thou out looked pretty good but nothing else does.

Ok then, let's take out another 2-3 and see what happens. Making sure we find too shallow will help dial it in. Sometimes it's this way. I regeared a JK last week and got the pattern right on the first try. Other times I chase my tail. Good job though putting in the effort to get this right. I know it's frustrating.

Reactions: Marklar1983
Oh that's right, we were talking taking about cutting slots.

It's really weird, your coast side before you took 2 thou out looked pretty good but nothing else does.

Ok then, let's take out another 2-3 and see what happens. Making sure we find too shallow will help dial it in. Sometimes it's this way. I regeared a JK last week and got the pattern right on the first try. Other times I chase my tail. Good job though putting in the effort to get this right. I know it's frustrating.

Before you replied, I pulled another 5 thou to try and bracket the right number. I think this is shallow?

And thanks for your help.
IMG_8426.jpeg

IMG_8429.jpeg

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I think you are good to button it up. It's not too deep at all. Persistence pays off. At least you checked both sides to get it dialed. Strong work. Most shops would have buttoned it to 4 patterns ago.

I think you are good to button it up. It's not too deep at all. Persistence pays off. At least you checked both sides to get it dialed. Strong work. Most shops would have buttoned it to 4 patterns ago.

Well, awesome! Thanks for the guidance. Now I just need to do the rest of the ARB install

Reactions: hosejockey61
It certainly looks like it went 1-2 thou deeper. Your coast side still looks runnable but your drive side looks 2 thou deep. I don't see any ghost patterns...can you rerun the pattern so you get faint paint marks on the non-painted teeth? The shadows make it tougher to see the true pattern too. See if you can point your light where it doesn't cast a shadow across the teeth.

It certainly looks like it went 1-2 thou deeper. Your coast side still looks runnable but your drive side looks 2 thou deep. I don't see any ghost patterns...can you rerun the pattern so you get faint paint marks on the non-painted teeth? The shadows make it tougher to see the true pattern too. See if you can point your light where it doesn't cast a shadow across the teeth.

Had to use Timkin cup for setup, final cup is Koyo. Forgot to account for that during setup. I’ll pull 2 thou and see if that brings it back.

Reactions: hosejockey61

I think I got it
IMG_8450.jpeg
IMG_8454.jpeg