DRB III Emulator in a Virtual Machine

Yay! Did you make the hardware modification and can you access the cluster module?

Andy

I have not. I'll probably cross that bridge when I need it. I don't have really any small electronics soldering experience so I'm not sure I can pull that off.

I haven't been through them yet, but the thinkdiag2 did properly detect all the modules on the other bus so it probably has some functions as well.

Reactions: nolander and AndyA
2005 Liberty CRD

I am new to this forum and have been wanting to try this for a long time.

I tried it all, using slightly different method from youtube guy frugal pepper. It all works, but appears to only connect to the ECM as stated here. I'll have to do more testing.

When I connect to TCM it just reads the ECM. Interesting. But I get real sensor values out ECM. So it's all working but not sure what's going on.

I also rented the controller technologies emulator thing for 2500, and they refund it when you return it. I will try this also to see how it differs. It if ends up working I"ll be tempted to bit the bullet and just keep the controller tech kit. It runs on modern windows but I'm not sure how it all works, probably same software, different hardware though. And you can flash with it. That's too much cost for old jeep lol

I get 404'd on that link, and can't seem to find the micropod product on that site.

I get 404'd on that link, and can't seem to find the micropod product on that site.

I can't either, seems to be gone.

There are other places to get it, just search witech micropod2. I would think they are the same thing but I'm not an expert.

Hello everyone, I found this forum via Google as I was searching for installation tips for a Chrysler WiTech Micropod2 clone with DRB III enhanced simulator. I got it all running and working and it starts the DRB III and connects to the device, but the device does not recognize ANY module, not even the PCM.

Anyone got an idea?
It is not a Jeep though but a 2004 Dodge RAM 1500 5,7 HEMI.
I tried different things, scanned for modules, but no luck.
Tried with ignition on and with engine running, but no luck.

Thanks for any help!

I bought the clone pod and am having difficulty with the witech software recognizing the the clone pod. The pod doesn't show up in the screen, no IP address being discovered. I get a message saying the witech server has not started
hear, I bought the clone device that that you posted and an old dell laptop with Windows 7 32 bit system. I could not get it to work using the witech 17.04.27 software that Andy used in his VM machine. But after a week of trying to use the .27 software I decided to use the 17.03.01 software and it works like a charm. I have a 1997 XJ with 410k miles.

hear, I bought the clone device that that you posted and a old dell laptop with Windows 7 32 bit system. I could not get it to work

If & when I try this it will be using a Mac host so I expect all manner of trouble making it work.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Any news about working micropod2 clones? I need to have this going - tired of testing different recepies of why my WJ won't start ;(

Found https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958411547...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1 have anyone tried it?

This is an USB gadget, in step 15 in the instructions it should show up as an ethernet gadget so is it a wifi model I need?

Try using the 17.03.01 software. That worked for me. The .27 could not find the the witech pod. Mine now works great using the .01 software.
Good luck

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Hello everyone, I found this forum via Google as I was searching for installation tips for a Chrysler WiTech Micropod2 clone with DRB III enhanced simulator. I got it all running and working and it starts the DRB III and connects to the device, but the device does not recognize ANY module, not even the PCM.

Anyone got an idea?
It is not a Jeep though but a 2004 Dodge RAM 1500 5,7 HEMI.
I tried different things, scanned for modules, but no luck.
Tried with ignition on and with engine running, but no luck.

Thanks for any help!

Hi GrossmeisterB! Do you have a link to the forum?

Regards / Turbon

Hi, I got the DRB3 emulator running in a fashion-sorry to that it doesn’t find any modules. Alright, I have my PCM on my workbench and probably have missed some connection that is neccessary. Now this is from a 2000 Jeep WJ so I’m not familliar with the differences between TJ and WJ.
Someone hopefully is and can explain what I have missed. My diy harness is as follow.

DLC pin 2 (PCI) goes to C3 pin 30
DLC pins 4,5 (ground) goes to C1 pins 4,31,32
DLC pins 6,14 (SCI receive) goes to C3 pin 29
DLC pin 7 (SCI transmit) goes to C3 pin 27
DLC pin.9 (BMC flash enable) NC
DLC pin 16 (Fused B+) goes to C1 pin 22

So, what else is needed? I reckon that connectin B+ is the same as power on (ignition on?) - or maybe I missunderstod that. Well, I might have understod wrongly how to interpret the connector pin drawings and have connected it all backwards! So please feel free to correct me…

E0DB4E94-EE1A-4F3F-A142-CD0D5968E5D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: THREE-D