Experiences with prices for paint jobs

Depends on if you are changing the color. I looked into this earlier this year. Wanted to get my Jeep painted red. 2 different places quoted me around 5k.

For a properly prepared, good base coat/ clear coat full color change paint job expect to pay several thousand. It’s hard to say exactly because it really varies place to place. I’ve heard as low as 3000 and as high as 9000.

Reactions: Wrebel0728
So many variables nobody can give you a number..is there rust repair? Color change? Most insurance driven shops arent going to touch it

Reactions: williambmac
I have an 03 texas jeep that I bought. It dad been T-bone very lightly, but they totaled it. I stripped it completly, doors completly disassembled windshield off and stepped. Flares off. Also bought a set of factory half doors and I stripped them. They base coated and 3 coats of clear. The color is white and that of cotes is the cheapest color paint there is. I played $2500 for a great job. Then I paid 400 to repaint the khaki top black, it had 2 very minor cracks that they repaired

Reactions: Blondie70
2 Years ago I painted our 4 Runner with a color change.
Using PPG. Omni line 2K Urathane for the sealer primer and the color coat.
I had about $ 600.00 in paint and another $350.00 in sandpaper, 1/4 sheet electric sander, HVLP gun, Respirator,Tyvek suit
and masking supplies.
I tried to load a photo from an email to here but had No Joy.
I am a better painter than IT Guy !:rolleyes:

Reactions: Blondie70