Hard top sagging

Pop75

The hard top on my 2006 TJ is sagging in the middle over the front seats. Is there a good fix for this? Thought about foam fillling the thing. Wondered if there is perhaps nitrogen in there for insulation that should not be disturbed. Anyone have a fix?

The hard top on my 2006 TJ is sagging in the middle over the front seats. Is there a good fix for this? Thought about foam fillling the thing. Wondered if there is perhaps nitrogen in there for insulation that should not be disturbed. Anyone have a fix?

That's a new one for me.

If i was having that issue, i guess i'd probably kill two birds with one stone. I'd probably fab up some structural supports on the interior either out of steel or aluminum to reinforce/straighten/strengthen the sagging section. I'd tie those into roof rack mounting points with some Yakima/thule landing pads or a rail system.

The air in Earth's atmosphere is made up of approximately 78 percent nitrogen and 21 percent oxygen. Air also has small amounts of other gases, too, such as carbon dioxide, neon, and hydrogen.

What I've been doing with my 97 hardtop that is sagged imbetween the front seats is store it with a 2x4 lifting that part up by 1/2" or so during the hot months. It also has new urethane foam propping it up from the roll bar when installed

In the warm months my soft top goes back on and doors come off.
Hopefully it will reform in the heat eventually.